• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum hose.

kgregorczyk23

Reaction score
City, State
corpus christi tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4x4
I have 91. i was driving other day and it started idling rough then died. I noticed a vacum hose missing. all diagrams i have seen dont match up. the one on the truck doent even show enough vacum lines. My truck is pretty much parked. I tried just plugging it and it will idle fine but when start driving it idles rough then dies. has any one else had this problem or know what im talking about? i have know ides where the hose is suppose to lead to to hook up a new one. i see no other open valves any where.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On a 1991 you should the following things connected to the Vacuum tree on the upper intake (plenum).

Brake Booster, Cruise Control, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Bimetal switch (the thing on your airbox), Automatic Transmission, vacuum canister (oval shaped thing by the blower motor/ air cond. box).

Some those items stock share the same line.. Its been a while, But I think the Fuel Pressure regulator line is shared with the line to the vacuum canister.

Bascially, make sure all the above items are connected to a vacuum line that ends up at the vacuum tree and doesn't have a break. Also, make sure there are no open ports on the vacuum tree. You have a few that should be capped and those caps don't last forver.

oh yea.. there is also a vacuum line going from the bottom of the throttle body to a valve that then goes into the charcoal canister.

~Mark

Can someone post picture of all the items mentioned above..because i did an engine swap and didnt tag any of the vacuum hoses. All other electrical connections are connected and good. I just need detailed pictures of the vacuum lines from were they get connected and joined.

Back