vacuum hoses | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

vacuum hoses

elmer1

Reaction score
City, State
wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
there is a cluster of vacuum lines on my 93 ford explorer. i think one goes to the transmission not sur about the other ones. can any body help me please?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have mail

I have had my '94 apart for 2 years and I'm uncertain as to where vacuum lines go on the vacuum tree on the side of the intake. I may have also gotten it's orientation wrong too. Third, there seems to be a line missing to the vapor canister and the brake booster. Does anyone have photos of the driver's side of the engine compartment so I can see what I need to do?
4.0 pushrod engine.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I did have the vacuum tree twisted the wrong direction and I didn't know which ones were plugged off. The one going to the vapor canister solenoid was a puzzler. I had found out the solenoid just sort of laid in the space under the intake manifold. Apparently no bracket for it.
It sure does pay to take lots of pics, drawings and notes while ripping stuff apart for a big repair project. I started it 2 years ago and now I am ready to get it out of the garage. I have jokingly referred to it as my "Garage Sculpture."

Back