• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum Leak, 1/4 port for CCD??

Hawkeye999

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville,AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I have found the vacuum leak on my 92 XLT. It is on the vacuum tree on the manifold but I can not find waht was connected or if it was capped off. My Haynes says it is the port for the CCD. I don't know what the CCD. Is it a abbrevation for cruise control or something else. I am desperate at this point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the '92 I belive you only have the following hoses (the rest are capped)

PCV
Cruise Control
Power Brakes
and then 2 small ones.. one goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator
The 2nd goes to the Vacuum canister for the blend door and to the heat riser (air box).

The rest are capped..

I believe is is 93 or 94 that also added the EGR.

~Mark

Thanks for the feedback. I capped it and everything seems to be OK. I'll let everyone know if I come up with any more info

Same problem here but on a 91 model post if you found what it was to hopefully help me

Please cite where in Haynes please, that would help.

Picture of 91 manifold below including Cruise Control.

Attachments

• Vac Ports.JPG
    Vac Ports.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 11,464

I have a 94 XLT 4x4 with the same problem. Mine looks similar to the one in the picture except the one that says Fuel Pressure Regulator does not have a line connected to it. It is not plugged either. It makes a loud sucking sound, and runs real rough and stalls. When I put my finger over the hole, it runs real smooth. I have searched all over for a line that could have possibly fallen off, but I cant find anything. Is this picture accurate for the 94, or should I just plug it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am afraid to drive it until I get this figured out.

I believe 91/92 have 5 hoses and two capped, while a 94 has 6 hoses and one capped.. (94 has EGR, the 91/92 doesn't)...

~Mark

Back