• Register Today It's free!

vacuum line help

thor1701

Reaction score
City, State
fresno ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB
ok here's my issue, in the course of tuneing up and working on the engine, i've broken many vaccume lines, so many that i dont know where everything is anymore, i do know that they would go to the vacuum tree, anyways the only thing's i have hooked up to the tree are the break and cruise, and the cruise dont work, no biggie there, anyways what i would VERY much like help on is picture locations of where everything is supposed to go, i've looked through the other post's and i just cant find what im looking for and i cant make heads or tails of the diagrams, anyways i plan on just going down to autozone and buying alot of rubber tubing and just makeing them myself, like i said i just dont know where to begin, she runs alright, alittle rough idle, she smells real bad tho most of the time, not always of gas but a mixture of something im not sure what, i go through alot of ATF wich i know whats wrong there by reading all these post's and will fix that too, also my gas gauge doesnt work, and when im very low on gas, when i get off the freeway, she turns off on me, i have to sit there for a few mins and wait till i can start her again and get to a gas station, ok last thing, someone point me to a code reader that can read my truck and thats semi cheap? the ones i keep seeing dont support my truck, wich is a 91 explorer EB version 4.0l
any help would be great, im sorry for typeing so much, i dont do post's very well when asking for help
lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...You should have a vacuum diagram label on your radiator support...If not, check out post #3 of this thread...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232576

thanks for the point, there's other things in that thread that i can use, but as i said, thoes things dont make a bit of sense to me, it doesnt tell me where anything really is, i need someone to show me where things are and whatnot with pics hopefuly, and in that #3 post, there's a pic of the engine, doesnt quite look like mine, battery is on the passenger side of the car...never could figure out why mine was never in the book

...That is a pic of a 93-94 Explorer....The vacuum diagram though, is the same as what is on your 91...;)

...What is shown as a "Vacuum Distribution Block" in the big Vacuum Diagram, is actually the "octopus" vacuum connection that you already plugged your Brakes and Cruise Control into...

...If your cruise control servo is not working, unplug it's vacuum line and cap off the spare spot...There is a diaphram that is possibly broke in it's servo and you will loose vacuum and idle rough if this is left connected..

...That is a pic of a 93-94 Explorer....The vacuum diagram though, is the same as what is on your 91...;)

...What is shown as a "Vacuum Distribution Block" in the big Vacuum Diagram, is actually the "octopus" vacuum connection that you already plugged your Brakes and Cruise Control into...

...If your cruise control servo is not working, unplug it's vacuum line and cap off the spare spot...There is a diaphram that is possibly broke in it's servo and you will loose vacuum and idle rough if this is left connected..
yeah i have no idea about the cruise controll, its never worked as long as i've owned the truck so i'll cap it off, anyways like i said that diagram i cant make heads or tails out of, i know there is a line going from the FPR to the tree, i know there is supposed to be a line going to the tranny modulator, wich im gonna replace cuz it went bad, i know there is one thats supposed to go to the reservoir, but i havnt a clue where it is, and then i have these two lines that come out of where i put my air filter at, one is connected down someplace where i cant see, but the other is just hanging off and i dont know what to do about it, i think thats all the lines i can see anyways....
i can do alot with my truck on my own but for some reason i just cant get this down....im pathetic i know lol

Back