• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

valve body gasket

grimace33

Reaction score
City, State
Green Bay, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer
Does anyone have any idea where I can find a valve body gasket for a 99 Explorer Sport with a 5r55e transmission. I've been searching for 2 hours at various part stores and haven't found one. Trying to fix my flare issues and the gasket is trashed. Thanks for any help possible.

Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
I bought my valve body gasket from fastpartsnetwork.com. Make sure to check out the 5R55E rebuild diary in the stickies. There is an upgraded separator plate and gaskets for the 5R55E.

Jack Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Ethel, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
(3) '88 BII's, '99 Ranger
it may be 'just' me, but I don't find the valve body gaskets available on WWW.TransmissionPartsUSA.Com . they show them for an A4LD, but not 4R's & 5R's.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars