• Register Today It's free!

VB Removal

xFatcatx

Reaction score
City, State
PORTLAND OREGON
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SPORT
still waiting on my parts for my 5R55E VB. I had a few more questions as far as the removal goes if anyone could help.

-when unbolting the detent spring do any other parts come off or just the bolt?

-i am putting a new EPC sylanoid in. is it held on or in the Valve Body by anything other than the sylaniod bracket or wiring clip?

-i am still not sure how the manuel valve "disangages", and what it disangages from. it is stressed in the diary to engage it properly so i am concerned when taking the VB out i might get a shower and miss something. does anyone have pictures of this with parts labeled?

your help is much appreciated. thank you

VB questions

still waiting on my parts for my 5R55E VB. I had a few more questions as far as the removal goes if anyone could help.

-when unbolting the detent spring do any other parts come off or just the bolt?
The spring and spacer comes off. The spacer is attached to the spring
-i am putting a new EPC sylanoid in. is it held on or in the Valve Body by anything other than the sylaniod bracket or wiring clip?
The clip on the VB holds the EPC solenoid in, nothing else
-i am still not sure how the manuel valve "disangages", and what it disangages from. it is stressed in the diary to engage it properly so i am concerned when taking the VB out i might get a shower and miss something. does anyone have pictures of this with parts labeled?
The manual valve engages the linkage by the slot in the end, nithing else and very simple. Just have a look at it when the pan is off. Make sure it's in the proper place when installing the VB.

your help is much appreciated. thank you

Bent Bolt

Back