Vehicle Security System Missing Remote | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Security System Missing Remote

uh60james

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport (Dora), '06 XLT
I bought a 93 sport less than a month ago and now have everything working pretty good. New shocks, tires and fixed the 4wd shift motor. The vehicle has a Ford Vehicle Security System installed on it, I assume not factory as the module was not bolted down and you have to push a button to start the explorer. The problem is it didn't come with a remote! I can't find a part number anywhere on the module.

There is an 18 pin accessory harness connector, a 5 pin door lock connector, a 4 pin shock sensor connector and a 2 pin starter connector. I would like to find a new remote or if the connections are standard to all ford systems or even some aftermarket systems just replace the module and get new remotes with it that way.

Ok, well I found a site were I can get an aftermarket or oe remote for a 93 explorer. However I dont know if the security system installed was made speciffically for the 93 explorer. The remotes on the site only have lock, unlock, and panic. The module has a connector for shock sensor and on the accessory harness connector pin 2 is for a siren. The only numbers that could be a part number I see are in the lower right corner of the label on the back. E-15 LBL0461 and I assume the manufacture date of 8/92

Back