• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Vendor for Standard Explorer Parts?

hokiesport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Anyone know if there is a reliable vendor for trim pieces for the standard Explorers?

I want to convert my Sport to a an XLT. So, I'd be looking for the grille mainly. I think I can chrome paint the other parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

DustySport

Reaction score
City, State
A Bankrupt State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport

expr13

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2013
Anyone know if there is a reliable vendor for trim pieces for the standard Explorers?

I want to convert my Sport to a an XLT. So, I'd be looking for the grille mainly. I think I can chrome paint the other parts.
i can trade with u... i have a limited

blichy

Reaction score
City, State
Naperville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Explorer Sport
As expr13 already spoke up, look into this. There is a high probability you would be able to swap out trim pieces with someone.

Out of curiosity, what is making you want to do the change? Trying to make it more of a sleeper, or just prefer the chrome grill, rear trim, and roof rails?

txaggie

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
You don't want the silver colored roof rack rails do you???? I want the black ones for my Limited!

hokiesport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I'd suggest first talking with the Explorer Forum vendors who support this site, here's the vendor directory http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/dto_vendor.php?view=alpha

This Ford parts dealer has been helpful to me in the past http://www.fordparts.com/hellerford
Thanks, that is actually super useful advice.

As expr13 already spoke up, look into this. There is a high probability you would be able to swap out trim pieces with someone.

Out of curiosity, what is making you want to do the change? Trying to make it more of a sleeper, or just prefer the chrome grill, rear trim, and roof rails?
I dunno, I was thinking I wanted something more unique.

kirksjeep

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Sport
I think the sport grille is bigger to support the inter cooler.

hokiesport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
I think the sport grille is bigger to support the inter cooler.
I thought the intercooler was at the bottom of the truck, behind that cut out in the black plastic piece beneath the bumper (I think its called the air dam?).

I am hearing what you are saying. There is definitely better airflow with the Sport grille which may be necessary to support the larger radiator that we have. It may also support the oil cooler??

But, I am thinking this stupid idea is just getting stupider.. lol

blichy

Reaction score
City, State
Naperville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Explorer Sport
I dunno, I was thinking I wanted something more unique.
That makes perfect sense! Best of luck with the search. I haven't done anything yet, but have another car to work on for that bug.