Very sorry that my first post is a dome light problem... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very sorry that my first post is a dome light problem...

pmracing

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Suburbs
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Ranger
It is not the "door ajar" symptom. I did search several ways for this issue...

My dome light stays on too long. The "door ajar" light is not on. I had it fixed once before. The dealer said it was a bad relay/module... something like that.

Normally when I unlock the doors with the remote, the light turns on. It stays on until I start the truck. At that moment the dome light should turn off.

But it stays on for about 20 seconds. It is very annoying when I am trying to back out of a parking space at night and when I look over my shoulder all I can see is dome light in my face... Hehehehe (minor issue compared to the fuel pump, head gasket, intake manifold gasket and 12 lifters I just had replaced for about $2100)

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can tell me where this module is that controls how long the light stays on. I like to do repairs myself when possible. Or point me in the direction of a repair manual that might tell me this information.

Thanks in advance,
Mikeeee

Is your dimmer switch rolled all the way up?

Is your dimmer switch rolled all the way up?

No, that's not it.

If that was the issue it would stay on endlessly, while the truck is running, correct?

My problem is that there is a delay before it shuts off. It finally does, but not until after 20-30 seconds.

Mikeeee

Back