• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Veterans Day

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
We were at a restaurant last night and there was an older gentleman there with a veteran hat from WWII. So, I'd asked that we pick up the check for his table, to which the waitress said "thank you, but not necessary, we've had 7 people already offer to pay for their check." It was pretty cool.

We're not completely lost yet as a country... :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT V8
Awesome s***

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Greatest respect and admiration to those who have served and are serving our Nation.

:usa:Thank you for your dedication, and commitment!:usa:

BigRondo

USMC 1371
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V6 4x4
Happy Veteran's Day. :salute:

BigRondo

USMC 1371
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V6 4x4
:salute::usa: Happy Veteran's Day! :usa::salute:

While stationed in Hawaii in the mid '80's I was lucky enough to go on a company field trip to the The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (informally known as Punchbowl Cemetery).

I saw many things that gave me goose bumps. There is one thing that had quite an effect on me and still does to this day:

At the top of the staircase in the Court of Honor is a statue of Lady Columbia, also known as Lady Liberty, or Justice. Here she is reported to represent all grieving mothers. She stands on the bow of a ship holding a laurel branch. The inscription below the statue, taken from Abraham Lincoln's letter to Mrs. Bixby, reads:

THE SOLEMN PRIDE
THAT MUST BE YOURS
TO HAVE LAID
SO COSTLY A SACRIFICE
UPON THE ALTAR
OF FREEDOM

I don't know if it can be said any better.

I am eternally grateful for all those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, and all those willing to do so.

BigRondo

USMC 1371
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V6 4x4
Happy birthday to my fellow Marines, you guys will forever be my brothers. And happy veterans day to all my fellow vets.

Roger that. :salute: