• Register Today It's free!

vibration at 100km/h

tallguy11

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
i just recently got new tires at canadian tire. the tires i got are dunlop radial rover rvxt. as soon as i drove it with the new tires the vibration started so i brought it back to them to re balance they did and it went away. then that very day i was on the highway doing about 100km/h when i hit a bad bump in the highway (they were resurfacing the road and some kids stole the bump sign) and now the vibration is back. i looked and i see all the weights on the tires so i don't think i tossed one. the vibration goes almost all the way away at 110km/h. the strange thing is when it is cold and i just start driving there is almost no vibration until everything warms up. this one has really stumped me so any help i would greatly appreciate. thanks in advance.

Bump!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You could have damaged a tire. Swap out the tires with the spare until you find the one causing the vibration. Look it over for defects, look the rim over real good too. If the rim looks fine, then take it back and get it adjusted, either by a rebalance or replacement.

could be that 1 of the new tires has tossed the belt. the tire will look ok but it will have to be looked at closely to see any of the signs if its tossed.

Back