• Register Today It's free!

Vibration or rock bracket?

BenDT

Reaction score
City, State
Salisbury
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 x sport w/ 31 BFG m/t
Have new carrier unit but bracket is different. Is this a vibration damper or rock block lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vibration damper.

Vibration damper.
Do you know what this went on by any chance. It works for me with other bracket. Just p/n turn up nothing.

I've never seen that either, it looks like it would interfere with the exhaust too. It is just a vibration dampener, remove and toss all of those as needed.

You should use the old bracket anyway, that odd one has rubber cracking in the rear mount. The bolts all come out, just swap the brackets.

Yessir. I did exactly that. It has a Ford blue very professional paint job pumpkin cover and is tight as a tick. Seems like either a really nice rebuild or custom carrier. The casting numbers are even diff. It acted like a limited slip when playing with it off road last night. Is there a Ford Dana 35 with a limited slip? Never heard of it myself but it acts like an open diff when jacked but did want to Engage driveshaft if I turned slowly. Parking lot locked turns dont hear chirp. I was for sure spinning both fronts at several times last night with good mud movement both sides. Is this possibly just like godly gear lashing? Sorry to beat a dead horse with this question but it’s just very curious. I will probably call Ford and see what they know.... but the castings all took me to Ford custom vibration brackets, none matching this one, but like stated carrier even has different numbers.

These unique D35's had no optional locking diff. The only aftermarket one common to hear of is the Torsen, and it's $500 and only in limited production runs.

I don't know what else that vibration part could be from, ... maybe a later 98+ Ranger with a smaller engine that has space there. It didn't come from an Explorer I'd bet, who knows what one from a 4.0 OHV would look like?

These unique D35's had no optional locking diff. The only aftermarket one common to hear of is the Torsen, and it's $500 and only in limited production runs.

I don't know what else that vibration part could be from, ... maybe a later 98+ Ranger with a smaller engine that has space there. It didn't come from an Explorer I'd bet, who knows what one from a 4.0 OHV would look like?
Thanks man. If I figure it out I’ll let ya know. On my sport the oil pan seemed to be the only obstruction and I do think the 4.0 ohv is a smaller pan. But unsure of that. Thanks again for always being so fast to reply

Back