• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Victorville/Barstow area?

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Just seeing if anyone would be interested in a run up here in the high desert on Sat. February 2nd.

The place would be off of I-15 and Wild Wash road. I haven't been out there in a couple of years so there would be no preset trails. The area is mostly BLM land and is considered "open" meaning there are no marked routes, so we'll get to wander around abit. Plan would be to meet at the freeway and head east till we run into hwy 247, and then head south to Lucerne Valley. The terrain is mostly hard packed dirt with some sand, rocks, and washes. 4wd recommended, but a 2wd should do just fine especially with a little extra clearance...

When - 2/02/08
Meet time - 9:30 (flexible)
Meet place - I-15 x Wild Wash rd. (east side)
Comm - CB ch 34
Extras - Snacks, drinks, water, all the normal stuff (Note-please make sure to have at least 3/4 tank of gas at the beginning of the run. It's a long way to the next station)...

Who's going...
Boomer12
Cybergasm
Ritsui

...Return from, and pics start on pg 3...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Well Hell since I don't have a JOB right now I am down for it.:D

now let's see if the other 1/3 of the 3 Amigos off road club chimes in.

RJ,Mounty71?......bueller.....bueller......Bueller?

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...bueller here...:D

...Boomer, see ya before noon tomorrow...;)

...sorry, i'm not going to make this one but it def would be one trip i'd like to run...i'm needing to put some extra time into the business right now, darnit...:(

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Ahhh well you gots to do whatya need to do...not looking for a employee right now are ya?:D

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...actually, i am downsizing and preparing just in case it gets slow around here...alot of contractor friends have dropped 60% of their overhead in the last month too...:eek:
...better safe then sorry...;)

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Thanks Boomer and Cyber for the heads up. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, this weekend doesn't look good, this is my first week of school and i'm trying to stay on top of everything. And something's up w/ my front end, gotta check into it, maybe the wash runs a couple weeks ago were beyond its limits. :rolleyes: Have fun though guys.

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
Oh man I guess i am not the only one sending out pm's :D

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Lol...since it was coming up so quick I sent out a couple to those I thought would like to go...

Tbars- I'll call when I'm on my way down...

Mounty- sorry you can't make it, but school is much more important...:thumbsup:

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...no prob...did you find what ya couldn't find???...:scratch:

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...i may, not sure yet...i have to run and post something in a thread of cybers right now...:D

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Warm sounds good right now, but you've got to start planning runs more than 2 days in advance :shifty_ey ;). We have stuff going on for Superbowl Sunday, so I can't leave the day before unless I spend half the day tomorrow helping around the house. Guess I'll let you know some time tomorrow after my domestic contributions have been properly evaluated :)

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Haha, yeah I really should try a little harder. I once again was planning on taking this weekend off, but what the hay 8 runs in 8 weeks is a pretty good streak...:D

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...^^^ well, at least your not having to stay home and fix the used truck you just bought...:D

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
That's because it isn't going anywhere...lol...I'm still planing on doing a couple of things for it, just have to wait until I can afford more than just gas.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Haha, yeah I really should try a little harder. I once again was planning on taking this weekend off, but what the hay 8 runs in 8 weeks is a pretty good streak...:D

I am oh so jealous.:eek:

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
*peeks her nose in and wishes she could go play as well...

Barstool and Victorville are old stomping grounds...too bad they have made Rainbow Basin off limits to wheelers...it used to be a real awesome play place...

Have fun those of you who go...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...talking about calico, cyber posted a thread to that...maybe we could go help the cleanup and camp...:scratch: