Victorville/Barstow area? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Victorville/Barstow area?

Finally made it home, though I should have taken the 173 :rolleyes:. GREAT run :thumbsup:. Hope your truck's OK boomer (no carnage, just an unknown ailment). Pics later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems to be doing fine ever since I cleared the codes (other than the exhaust leak).:confused:

So did you make it by the burning bus on hwy 18???:eek:

VB17.jpg

VB18.jpg

VB19.jpg

VB20.jpg

Well finally braved all the yahoos on the road and made it home safely:rolleyes:
as usual had a blast those who did'nt come missed out on a great run ;):p:
and of course the food afterwards was great as always even tho like i mention it was tuff getting on the 15 south with everybody else coming off the mountain too.

i have a few pics but have to download them from my phone since I forgot to take my camera :confused: but i will get up the few i have later.

AH yes it was a muddy good time:D

...And my vote for the most proficient driver of the day goes to all three (although I didn't need a strap, and nothing fell off my truck)...:p:

Attachments

• VB29.jpg
    VB29.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 177

080102-1.jpg

080102-2.jpg

080102-3.jpg

080102-4.jpg

080102-5.jpg

080102-6.jpg

080102-7.jpg

080102-8.jpg

080102-9.jpg

080102-10.jpg

080102-11.jpg

080102-12.jpg

080102-13.jpg

080102-14.jpg

080102-15.jpg

Oh yeah someone forgot their spare yesterday too;)

Ahh the morning after a little rain shower......
DCFC0177.jpg

DCFC0178.jpg

DCFC0179.jpg

Haha, i bet your neighbors love that!

well they haven't said nothing yet :D

even tho after i took those photos i pulled it out in the driveway in front of our place and hosed off more of the mud now the whole driveway is brown in color.

Cholla

Addendum:

Who would have thought running over Cholla and Barrel cactus would cause slow tire leaks :confused:? ;) The guy at the tire place said I probably have a dozen tiny holes in my right rear tire, but only one mattered: the one in the sidewall :mad:. Oh well. The good thing is it's only losing a pound or so a day, so it's fix-a-flat time until I cough up the bucks for a new tire.

shocked.gif

Hmm guess I got lucky when I sideswiped one out there haven't noticed noticed any leaks yet.......better yet i better check my tires in AM to make sure.

I've been waiting for mine to start leaking, but thankfully nothing yet...strangely all the ones I haven't pulled out seemed to have been swallowed up by the tires...:confused:

See, that was my mistake. I only noticed the leak AFTER Rachel decided we should pull the remaining spines out of the tires. So, I guess I can say it's her fault for pulling the cactus out rather than my fault for running over them in the first page :p:.

Back