• Register Today It's free!

Victorville/Barstow area?

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Just seeing if anyone would be interested in a run up here in the high desert on Sat. February 2nd.

The place would be off of I-15 and Wild Wash road. I haven't been out there in a couple of years so there would be no preset trails. The area is mostly BLM land and is considered "open" meaning there are no marked routes, so we'll get to wander around abit. Plan would be to meet at the freeway and head east till we run into hwy 247, and then head south to Lucerne Valley. The terrain is mostly hard packed dirt with some sand, rocks, and washes. 4wd recommended, but a 2wd should do just fine especially with a little extra clearance...

When - 2/02/08
Meet time - 9:30 (flexible)
Meet place - I-15 x Wild Wash rd. (east side)
Comm - CB ch 34
Extras - Snacks, drinks, water, all the normal stuff (Note-please make sure to have at least 3/4 tank of gas at the beginning of the run. It's a long way to the next station)...

Who's going...
Boomer12
Cybergasm
Ritsui

...Return from, and pics start on pg 3...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well Hell since I don't have a JOB right now I am down for it.:D

now let's see if the other 1/3 of the 3 Amigos off road club chimes in.

RJ,Mounty71?......bueller.....bueller......Bueller?

...bueller here...:D

...Boomer, see ya before noon tomorrow...;)

...sorry, i'm not going to make this one but it def would be one trip i'd like to run...i'm needing to put some extra time into the business right now, darnit...:(

Ahhh well you gots to do whatya need to do...not looking for a employee right now are ya?:D

...actually, i am downsizing and preparing just in case it gets slow around here...alot of contractor friends have dropped 60% of their overhead in the last month too...:eek:
...better safe then sorry...;)

Thanks Boomer and Cyber for the heads up. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, this weekend doesn't look good, this is my first week of school and i'm trying to stay on top of everything. And something's up w/ my front end, gotta check into it, maybe the wash runs a couple weeks ago were beyond its limits. :rolleyes: Have fun though guys.

Oh man I guess i am not the only one sending out pm's :D

Lol...since it was coming up so quick I sent out a couple to those I thought would like to go...

Tbars- I'll call when I'm on my way down...

Mounty- sorry you can't make it, but school is much more important...:thumbsup:

...no prob...did you find what ya couldn't find???...:scratch:

...i may, not sure yet...i have to run and post something in a thread of cybers right now...:D

Warm sounds good right now, but you've got to start planning runs more than 2 days in advance :shifty_ey ;). We have stuff going on for Superbowl Sunday, so I can't leave the day before unless I spend half the day tomorrow helping around the house. Guess I'll let you know some time tomorrow after my domestic contributions have been properly evaluated :)

Haha, yeah I really should try a little harder. I once again was planning on taking this weekend off, but what the hay 8 runs in 8 weeks is a pretty good streak...:D

...^^^ well, at least your not having to stay home and fix the used truck you just bought...:D

That's because it isn't going anywhere...lol...I'm still planing on doing a couple of things for it, just have to wait until I can afford more than just gas.

Haha, yeah I really should try a little harder. I once again was planning on taking this weekend off, but what the hay 8 runs in 8 weeks is a pretty good streak...:D

I am oh so jealous.:eek:

*peeks her nose in and wishes she could go play as well...

Barstool and Victorville are old stomping grounds...too bad they have made Rainbow Basin off limits to wheelers...it used to be a real awesome play place...

Have fun those of you who go...

about 10min above barstow is Calico. there are some good trails there;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...talking about calico, cyber posted a thread to that...maybe we could go help the cleanup and camp...:scratch:

Back