Video How-To Replace Sun Visor Skin. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Video How-To Replace Sun Visor Skin.

Dano!

Reaction score
City, State
Lemoore CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Navajo X 2
My fellow members,
I made this video to document my troubles replacing my grungy light grey sun visor skins with dark grey skins from a second gen explorer. The end result was pretty nice. I hope it helps someone.

Questions and comments welcomed.

-Dano

So those flappy pieces on the ends are actually plastic attached to the main visor.. interesting. This video couldn't come at a better time, I was just thinking about re-covering my visors since I'm doing the headliner this week.

Thank you Dano!

Benjam :D

Oh, just so you know. Power comes through that green wire to both visors and the dome light. When you bolt the visor to the body, you are grounding the circuit, or completing the circuit, if you rather. So even though its plugged in, you need an end path for the circuit. Hence when you bolt it to the vehicle body, it grounds and all is well. Similar to battery cables. One goes to a few different points: Engine block, body, etc. The other, positive, cable feeds power to items such as your visors.

I hope this helps!

Benjam :D

I had one of those moments after reading your reply. of complete realization and a "i should have known that" and almost smashed my head into my computer desk.

Thanks for clearing that up. i was way over thinking it.

Back