Video in motion / NAV-TV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Video in motion / NAV-TV

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm will definitely be getting this for our car. I had it in My old porsche cayenne and loved it. Does anyone know if the rear seat entertainment has a video out that could be hooked to this? Not that I would want to watch movies while I'm driving but my wife could when we go on road trips.

seems a little expensive,

would be cool to have the backup camera on while driving though

Wouldn't your warranty be toast!!!!

Wish there was a way to integrate an HDMI input instead of composite - nobody uses composite anymore.

Navtv is definitely not the cheapest but their quality is top notch!

From the instructions, the NavTV is NOT plug and play. It looks like you have to cut the factory harness which is a no-go for me. The CoastalTech looks to be plug and play and it's cheaper. If it works, it works. Hmmmm....

I used to have a iPod dock from Kuda (http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-leather-mounts/ford-k168.html) and a cradle from Dice Electronics. It was a cool setup to watch music videos with. Music from iTunes is like .99 and the music video version is $1.29. It was cool and worth the extra stuff for me just for the neat factor.

Navtv is definitely not the cheapest but their quality is top notch!

Their quality is lacking any extra features, nor a simple plug and play experience. They charge more than 100$ extra, while the lockpick allows for extra camera/aux video inputs, plug and play, etc....

I wrote to them, and their response was "we had one first, so you should buy ours". Then I explained I was purchasing a 2013, and they wrote back "its not compatible with the 2013"... I wrote back and asked what changed, and they never responded.

Their quality is lacking any extra features, nor a simple plug and play experience. They charge more than 100$ extra, while the lockpick allows for extra camera/aux video inputs, plug and play, etc....

I wrote to them, and their response was "we had one first, so you should buy ours". Then I explained I was purchasing a 2013, and they wrote back "its not compatible with the 2013"... I wrote back and asked what changed, and they never responded.

I'm speaking from the standpoint when I had my Porsche Cayenne 6 years ago. Nobody had a comparable solution that could touch navTV. Things may have changed over the years and I wouldn't want something that wasn't plug and play either. For my cayenne I had to have the head unit removed and shipped to them in Florida. Not something I would do again. I'm going to check out that other link that was posted.

This looks interesting. Has anyone installed one yet?? The baby monitor feature peaked my interest. Instead of using multiple mirrors attached to headrests, would be nice to see baby's rear facing seat on the center console camera!

Definitely interested as well. Does the DVD function play DVD's from the head unit's drive or does it require a separate player?

Typing the word "A N D" becomes pizza? whats that all about?

April Annoying.

Back