Vin number locations

rhauf

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
91,93,98,&02 Exploders
Does anybody know where all the vin number locations are, as far as matching them up etc? i know there's the one in the windshield, and the door jam.... but is there one on the frame, or engine?

and if you do a body swap, are you required to move the vin's over to the new one? or does nobody do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not sure on the body swap but I dont think your supposed to change vin #'s on vehicles. Im guessing just make record of it with your insurance and dmv. just a guess though.

another location is on the top of the frame rail, passengers side, under front door. As to body swap, check state laws online.

I found a matching number on the rad support as well. I don't think it was the whole number but had about 8 or so #s all in same order as one on the dash in the windshield.

I had a hard time finding it, so I've decided to make this video, in case anyone needs to find it:

Does anybody know where all the vin number locations are, as far as matching them up etc? i know there's the one in the windshield, and the door jam.... but is there one on the frame, or engine?

and if you do a body swap, are you required to move the vin's over to the new one? or does nobody do this?
Technically it is illegal to remove / move / re-attach a VIN number so I guess technically you need to "repair" the body by "moving the new body to the old VIN", not "moving the old VIN to the new body"

Back