Virginia Tech Advanced Technologies Study | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Tech Advanced Technologies Study

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute is looking for Virginia drivers to participate in a research study (IRB #19-445) where they drive their own vehicles equipped with advanced technologies!

Do you drive one of the following vehicles? 2020/2021 Ford F-150 Truck or Ford Explorer

Does your vehicle have the following features?

Lane Control – automatically keeps the vehicle in the lane?

Adaptive Cruise Control – maintains set speed, but also automatically slows with traffic?

If so, you may be eligible to participate in the “ADAS” study focused on studying how people drive vehicles equipped with advanced driver assistance systems or ADAS. The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute will compensate study drivers $50 per month, with total maximum compensation of $1,050. Estimated participation time is 18 months.

All data will be kept strictly confidential. Interested? Please contact us at: 540-231-1583 or ADASStudy@vtti.vt.edu and reference the “ADAS NRV” study in your message. All inquiries welcome! To learn more: http://www.vtti.vt.edu/ADASstudy

Count me out... I got an email explaining the program and what really turned me off is the camera which records the drivers face.

"It will also have cameras that record the forward roadway, the driver’s face, and the vehicle instrument panel."

If you choose to participate, full details of what is required of you as a participant will be provided to you before any installation of study equipment occurs.

If you choose to participate, you will receive a MasterCard pre-loaded with $100 when the system is installed, then $50/month based on the extent of your participation loaded onto the card at three month intervals, and another $50 when the system is removed for a total possible maximum of $1,050.

Back