• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Virus purporting bin Laden suicide hits Web

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

vrytired

Reaction score
City, State
billerica,massachussets
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
besides me, i'd be surprised if anyone here knew what usenet was, nevermind use it.

rfuree11

Official Bikini Inspector
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 WRX Limited
yeah, a usenet virus doesnt pose a huge threat, but the fact that someones spreading one that way is still a little freaky and may give someone an idea, and before you know it, we'll be seeing it in emails. :rolleyes:

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
I really wonder how someone would come across that in the newsgroups anyways. Doubt there's much search for Bin Laden.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
vrytired said:
besides me, i'd be surprised if anyone here knew what usenet was, nevermind use it.
I used to use Usenet all the time before the web took off :p

But then again, I'm an old f@rt now :D

I'm just glad those Russians don't own any Macs :p

sonik

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
huskyfan23 said:
I really wonder how someone would come across that in the newsgroups anyways. Doubt there's much search for Bin Laden.
You don't need to search for it, a message with titled "Osama Found Hanged" is in probably every newsgroup. The message contains a .zip with an .exe in it.