Visor sicker removal - PITA!!!!! But worth it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Visor sicker removal - PITA!!!!! But worth it?

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
Okay, never ever ever ever never again... That just plain sucked, but I once I started I had to continue until I was done. The driver side was not too bad and pealed off using a handheld shirt steamer. The passenger side on the other hand was different, it was so thin the only way I could get it off was with Goo Gone and my finger nail. I tried Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetone, Steam ... the Goo Gone was the best, also tried many tools but my finger nail did the best job with out any damage to the fabric. Took 3 or 4 hours to do just the passenger side.

Its done and it came out well. I don't recommend you try this unless your willing to buy a new visor.

Passenger side after a few hours of work, the wrinkles went away after the solvents dried.
IMG_9562.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

It does look way better inside, the white and yellow stickers really stuck out in the all black interior.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter for that link, I figured it would have been mentioned somewhere here. Not sure if the previous gens used the same cloth covering or sticker adhesion. In the thread it was mentioned many may not ever notice the stickers, I sure did and I hated them. It looks so much better inside, to me at least. So while it was a PITA, after today's drive to town I feel it was very worth the effort.

Thanks Peter for that link, I figured it would have been mentioned somewhere here. Not sure if the previous gens used the same cloth covering or sticker adhesion. In the thread it was mentioned many may not ever notice the stickers, I sure did and I hated them. It looks so much better inside, to me at least. So while it was a PITA, after today's drive to town I feel it was very worth the effort.

Just need your address so I can mail mine to you.

Thanks

Haha.
Warning:
If you post your address you’re going to be on a first-name basis with the UPS driver.
Not hard to get address since the plate number has been posted.;)

Peter

Not hard to get address since the plate number has been posted.;)

Peter

HA! Would be easier to lookup my call. Note, I have standing instructions to return all deliveries unless accompanied by a nice bottle of wine.

HA! Would be easier to lookup my call. Note, I have standing instructions to return all deliveries unless accompanied by a nice bottle of wine.
Just did. :) Nice setup you have there. I'm afraid mine is just gathering dust.

Peter

removed the passenger side warning tag on my 2007 gt500........stayed up most of the night, and wore my fingernails down. Come out pretty clean, and sent it in for Carroll Shelby to sign....glad I went to the effort.

Back