Vital Auxillary Gauges | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Finished up my m90 and just ordered some new oil for it. Should be good to go. In preparation for actually installing a supercharger, or a turbo, I'm sure everyone wants to add some gauges. I think boost/vacuum and AFR are pretty important.
I would like to have some input from others on which vehicle components should be monitored when going with forced induction. I personally plan on using two PLX DM-6 gauges, which can connect to 16 sensors each, but I want two so that I can simultaneous display boost and AFR. I like that they are really thin and plan on installing them on the gauge bezel; they should only cover the PRNDL Haha.
I don't want this post to be about which brand is best. I mentioned my plan to keep everyone updated with what I want to do but also, since I can, it would be nice to strap in some extra sensors.
So which sensors do you guys think are vital for forced induction applications? Let's keep everyone's list of suggestions limited to 3 or 4 since that's probably the limit of how many displays can fit on the A-pillar and that's where most people put them

Big_Pezzy

Reaction score
City, State
San Bernardino CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
That's a good suggestion. I never even thought about monitoring the transmission. Any other ideas?