Vss ford explorer 1998 sohc automatic location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vss ford explorer 1998 sohc automatic location

manuelronk

Reaction score
City, State
guayaquil, ecuador
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 1998 automa
PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED TO KNOW WHERE IS THAT SENSOR, I GOT A P0500 CODE THAT SAYS VSS MALFUNCTION AND I NEED TO CHECK THE WIRES, CONECTOR OR CHANGE THE SENSOR. SOMEBODY SAYS IT IS IN THE TRANSFER CASE OTHER SAYS IN THE rear differential. PLEASE HELP ME, IF U PEOPLE GOT PIC OR VIDEO COULD BE GREAT.

THANX FROM ECUADOR.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In 98 they eliminated the VSS, and programmed the ABS module to generate a signal to the PCM and speedometer using the sensor in the rear diff

but the scanner said " VSS MALFUNCTION" what can i do?

but my speedometer and odometer works fine.

clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does, then most likely you need a new sensor. Being that it is an export model you may still have a sensor in the transfer case. If so it will be at the top left near the rear driveshaft and have a 2 wire connector. It is possible that you have a broken wire somewhere, but a sensor is easier to replace, and they do fail eventually

clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does, then most likely you need a new sensor. Being that it is an export model you may still have a sensor in the transfer case. If so it will be at the top left near the rear driveshaft and have a 2 wire connector. It is possible that you have a broken wire somewhere, but a sensor is easier to replace, and they do fail eventually

thank you., i will check

peoplem is this my VSS?? i found this, im not sure, is magnetic at the end

this is other pic. (lost photo)

vss ford explorer 1998

dude, is this my VSS? is magnetic at the end. is located at the top (bit left) of tranny, i can is 97, but my car is 98. confused

(lost photo)

Back