Vw Gti/ R32 ?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vw Gti/ R32 ??

yeah the fit and finish of the mazda is not near par to the vw. the mazda is a tad quicker than the standard rabbit, but the gti is quicker than the mazda.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the GTI is faster then the Speed3
GTI 7.2sec to 60
Speed3 6sec to 60

my apologies, i ment r32. what year gti is that? the new gti is 6.7, the old(ish) r32 is 5.8, and the old(ish) gti is 6 flat. old(ish) i mean last body style 04-06.

My $.02 and take it how you like.

From my 22 years experience of driving (16 yrs legally :p:) and owning 16 vehicles now, here is how I look at it. It's not about how much faster a car is than another. There are aftermarket parts for everything out there. In fact, you can make that R32 faster than an effing Viper with all the parts available. It's about which car you enjoy more. I'll tell you the Audi A4 Avant Quattro was the most fun out of any other car I have ever driven. this is including my dad's '81 911SC with a ton of mods done to it.

You want to have fun, be comfortable and proud of the car you're driving daily. Like 410 said. Go drive both and make your decision from that.

IMO, the R32 with the AWD will be a lot more fun to drive. I've owned a little japanese rocket and the Audi. The Audi won in all categories, hands down.

Back