• Register Today It's free!

w00t CODES!

theluke19

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac
lol ok... interepret this stuff for me in laymens terms and provide me with apossible fix. I went to autozone and got my "check engine" light read and this is what they gave me....

p0455 - The PCM has determined that a large leak exists in the evaporative emission control system. ***The employee said that it was my gas cap and needed to be tightened... correct? or is he an idiot?***

P0443 - The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for the purge control valve in the evaporative emission control system.

p1504 - Idle Air cControl Circuit malfunction.

:-\ i dont get it... he also said that the second two were "problems that only the dealer can fix. The dealer holds on to all that information and no one has access to it" (which i figure is crap too, since you guys are freakin geniouses ;-) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea the first 2 are evap codes if it were me i woudl tighten the gas cap clear teh codes and go from there. however the iac and purge valve may need to be replaced too.

search for IAC or Idle Air Control valve

Search for canister purge.

read for days.

Back