• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Walmart TIRE SALE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I hate to say it but that's about all those Walmart goodyear 235's tires are worth!

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
That doesn’t mean they are good tires. They are probably the best $55 dollar tires you can get.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
that and there is a difference between walmart goodyears, and goodyear goodyears

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
that and there is a difference between walmart goodyears, and goodyear goodyears
I've been looking and searching and can't find any evidence the wall Mart goodyear tires are any different just goodyear s older line of tires
Plus they own the molds. I would be interested in knowing more if you have more info

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
built cheaper and wont last as long

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
It doesn’t matter how much you say it. They aren’t great tires, Walmart or not. They are EXTREMELY outdated. They have a terrible contact patch. They quit being good tires over 10 years ago. If they were on par with any other all terrains they wouldn’t be $70 NOT on sale.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
I had a friend who had those Wranglers. They came on a truck that he got from a friend, and that friend's Dad owned the local Goodyear tire dealer, so these were not the Walmart versions, if there is/isn't a difference. Nothing special in any conditions.

If anything, have Discount Tire Direct price match. They'll pry beat the price, and then no worries about getting the "Walmart Version".

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
Well I'm gonna wait till they wear out lol
Mine have only been on a year and the ride is still nice

It's weird with the mixed reviews some people love em and some hate em
To me they're just cheep tires:D

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
I saw tires on their website which fit my van for around $42 to $45. This is what used tires sell for locally. They don't have a Walmart where I live but it looks like they have free delivery. Any local tire shop will install them for a fee. I don't let these tire shops use impact tools on my lug nuts. They stripped the studs & nuts, and I had to replace them. I went to a shop after I replaced everything. This place stripped the new parts so that's why I just give them the wheel & tire, and then I install the wheel myself.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Yes. You got them cheap. For a reason. They aren’t as good as ANY other name branded tire on the market.