Walmart Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Walmart Tires

I'm not sure what size tires I want, so I was thinkin of experimenting with the Super Sport HT's at walmart. they are 35x12.50r15 at $119 each. I know the saying of you get what you pay for but this has me thinking hard. Any opinions out there...please post..........is this a no-no?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think Walmart tires are still made by Cooper or Bridgestone or something...

I just had a set of 265/75-16s put on from Wallyworld. They're called Liberator All Terrains. They were $81 each. I need to get the fronts rebalanced but love them so far...

When i used to work at walmart the tires were made by Kumho and a subsidiary of goodyear. But they didnt have the big tires back then, so it might have changed.

those tires are Made by Goodyear

oh really, in that case I'll give them a shot

i got them tires and they do pretty darn good off road kick up a good bit of mudd :)

Originally posted by Sport 4x4
I just had a set of 265/75-16s put on from Wallyworld. They're called Liberator All Terrains. They were $81 each. I need to get the fronts rebalanced but love them so far...

Yea Walmart sell them here also. My dad has them on his 97 F150 and love's em. I think there not bad for the price also.
Smooth running, great traction. Pulls boat up the wet ramp w/o any probs.
:)

How's the tread life? For the price, they don't seem like they would last more than 20k. Also, what about road noise, they look like they would be loud.

well i have 235/70/15($68/each) right now from wallyworld, they are the BFG land terrain, almost exactly like the BFG AT's but don't have the sidewall traction,pretty much same tread design, maybe slightly less aggressive, they are made especially for wal-mart though, i'm liking them so far, low road noise, good off road, been in nice mud with them, no prob getting out or turning

they have 50k mile warranty on them, plus the 9.97 tire plan at wal-mart is good for lifetime rotation every 6k miles and if nething happens to them, they replace or pro-rate them for a new one, pretty good deal for me,

i am switching tires size in bout 2 weeks, going up to 31x10.5/15 BFG Land terrain($100/each) from wal-mart sure they will do better cause of the bigger size, can't wait, but i'll let u all know,

make it short, wal-mart tires great deal for the price if u do some off-roading and lots of pavement driving.

I had those liberators once from Wal-Mart. I took my Ranger there to have my Eagle Alloys mounte, and they ruined two of my Bridgestones taking them off the stock wheels, so they gave me the Liberators for free. I couldn't compain, they seemed to be a pretty good tire. :thumbsup:

good point, tires are good, but sometimes u have to be careful of the service people, if they mess up, get the manager and chew him a hole, then u'll be satisfied really quick, they aim to please, one of the few places customer is always right, STILL

Yeah, the manager comes over to me and she tries to say that maybe my tires weren't in good condition, and that the problem could've been because of my tires. So I proceeded to say... "well, I came in here on 4 good tires, and now I have two, and I didn't touch them, but you did, so who's responsable? Not me, I want them replaced, and not with the cheapest thing you can find either, they better be an agressive tread 31x10.5 like what I had."

They gave me the most aggressive tire they had, which still wasn't as good as what I had, but I wasn't leaving my truck there either, so I took them.

i work at a tire place myself,

and if you do some complaining, management usually bends over and makes the customer some kind of deal

on these specific tires does tire shine really make them look good? I don't want a nice looking truck with dried-up looking tires.

na they look really good they do make a good but of noice on the road but damn thats hott

tireshine makes any tire look good

I was thinking about getting those same tires.. except in a 31. will they fit without rubing while still on the stock rim?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just went to wally today, got my 31x10.5/15 BFG Land Terrains, look great on those AR rock crawlers which i also just put on first time today, low level of road noise, i'm sure they will do just as well if not better then the 235/70/15s i had of the same model. can't wait to break them in this weekend.

Back