Wanderer's EXO-Caged FW44/10.25 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanderer's EXO-Caged FW44/10.25 explorer

well...I've got a seepin brakeline...and need to mount tabs to secure the brakelines at the shocks...and to add friction modifyer to the rear axle...and fix the one middle pillar on the exo cage...buy the tierod ends and get the steering in..

BUT...I got it out..and flex tested it....unbeleivable..I need a bigger rock in the yard...when Im flexin the rear..the driver front it totaly compressed...but the pass side is about 1in from max..

when Im flexing the front the rear has about 2in before the pass side is at full compression..and the driver side is about 2in from max droop..

but its close enough to done for me!!

is your extreamly soft in the rear b/c mine is soooooo freakin soft?

mines stock springs with an added main (with the eyes cut off)..so its not bad..sofar..still havent gotten it to the trails yet..but when it was stock width it wasnt bad..but 400lbs worth of cage didnt make it anymore stable..:D

welp...after a frickin marathon week..the steering is in..and yep..I gotta move my trackbar up on the axle..(I got room)

ordered my links too long...had to take them to a machine shop to gettem cut down..2 days later theyre done..then as Im threading the LAST tie rod end in..it seizes...great...tried to unthread it...wont budge...take it to work..heat it up (glowin eventally)...wont budge..actually started to bend the end of the tube thats treaded...so I hacked it out..cut down the tie rod end so it still fits..then once im home I try to get it on...the long arm is STILL 1in too long..out comes the grinder...

dam..what a PITA...but its done..and theres adjustment either way..

probably gonna have to put swaybars on..dunno though..didnt realize till I got back from a quick test run..left the front hubs locked in (front locker)..and it wasnt quite what I wanted...but I'll check it tommorow with it unlocked..

oh..and the winch is mounted...

steering.JPG

frontwinch.JPG

Back