Wanna start a retrofit project with projectors, please help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanna start a retrofit project with projectors, please help!

Sometime in the near future I really would like to start a retrofit conversion for my truck. I want to get some diamond cuts and cut the back out to fit in projects into each housing. my concerns are

1) What kind of projector should I get exactly? What should I search ebay for?

2)Once I do get the projector in, what kind of setup should I get (example a ebay 6000k H1 kit? 9007 kit? What exactly should I get? What size bulbs fit in these projectors?)

3) If I do not buy a h1 or 9007 kit, what all do I need to search and buy to make it all work?

What is the difference between xenon and bi-xenon?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so that comes with everything and anything I would need to retro fit a HID system into my truck correct?

If I wanted say a 6000K bulb, I would search for 6000k D2R?

You could probably find a 6000K bulb but why? What comes stock is by far the best light.
You will need a harness and whatever you are going to put them into. Preferably a clear lensed housing.
Go to the Faq section of this site, http://faqlight.carpassion.info/forum/ and you should find a lot of info on retrofitting projectors.

I'd say you have everything you need. It can be done, I have done it before - Audi parts on a 02 Grand Cherokee (sorry for swearing in the forum). Cut sparingly, and use plenty of epoxy. If it's a black car (the jeep was) then you have the option of creating "midnight housings"... Personal preference.

hey do you have pics of your 6000k kit? How do they aim and look in the diamond cuts? Do you have the diamond cuts with or without the metal protector in the housing?

Back