Want 6" Suspension lift for 98 Explorer! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want 6" Suspension lift for 98 Explorer!

Look, w/o being the owner of the black Exlorer, we wont know exactly what type of lift is on that thing because there are multiple ways of doing it.

And clearly you didnt read the threads I posted because you should have ran into this which states that 2wds have no CVs:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1127635&postcount=208
1yl642.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I understand. But does it look like a 6", 8" to you? Can you refer me to a suspension kit that might have a similar look? I know nothing about suspension. I'm learning as I go so I wouldn't even know where to start.

Look, w/o being the owner of the black Exlorer, we wont know exactly what type of lift is on that thing because there are multiple ways of doing it.

And clearly you didnt read the threads I posted because you should have ran into this which states that 2wds have no CVs:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1127635&postcount=208
1yl642.jpg

Does it look like a 6", 8" to you? I know nothing about suspension. I'm learning as I go so I wouldn't even know where to start.
Then why dont you go read the Stickies of this section, you'll learn plenty from them.

And I have no idea if thats a 6 or an 8 inch -- off roaders dont look at how many inches it is over stock cauz that says nothing about whether or not it will get the job done.

Then why dont you go read the Stickies of this section, you'll learn plenty from them.

And I have no idea if thats a 6 or an 8 inch -- real off roaders dont look at how many inches it is over stock.

Ok, "real" offroader!

Unfortunately, Suspension kit manufacturers do go by how many inches it is over stock, and they sell their kits based on that. So that's why I gotta know.

Maybe one day I'll be a cool "real" off-roader though! I can't wait!

...I think thats why the moderators posted links for you...I posted links for you in your other thread...:confused:

Maybe one day I'll be a cool "real" off-roader though! I can't wait!
Yes, exactly .. so until then, read on! There is so much info out there just waiting for your lovely eyes.

...I think thats why the moderators posted links for you...I posted links for you in your other thread...:confused:

Your link was beneficial, and I'm still reading it. However, all I got here was "how to do a torsion twist". :D

Your link was beneficial, and I'm still reading it. However, all I got here was "how to do a torsion twist". :D
And repetitive threads telling you that you don't have CVs.:D

EDIT: ..Nice cleanup of your post..:thumbsup:

My friend the lifts you need are the spindle lift for a ranger edge you need the spindle lift Maybe a camburg kit. And a 3" body lift and you will have that. Use the search and look those up. Add some glass fenders and turn that ride into a BAJA.

My friend the lifts you need are the spindle lift for a ranger edge you need the spindle lift Maybe a camburg kit. And a 3" body lift and you will have that. Use the search and look those up. Add some glass fenders and turn that ride into a BAJA.

That is what I'm talking about! Finally a guy who knows something about lifts (and hes not even a moderator) I'm going to start pricing this right now.

The Ranger Edge spindle lift: do I go with 98-02 Ranger? Would a Camburg kit be better then the Ranger spindle?

What 3" Body lift kit do you recommend?

Thanks brotha!

Is this the right Spindle Lift kit to go with? If not a good one, can you recommend me a good one?

http://www.jbccoffroad.com/expk4023.html

For the Body lift (3") can I go with a 2000 Explorer kit? Or should I find a Ranger 3" Body kit?

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/70023.html

As far as the rear goes......does the Spindle Kit above include everything I need for the rear? It has add-a-leafs and shocks. Do I need a body lift in the rear as well? So is everything I need for the lift included in the Spindle Kit and the Body lift? If not, what else do I need?

(remember, even though Im reading all the stickies on here, I really know nothing about suspension stuff, so sorry if its a stupid question)

Also, the Black Explorer has hoops in the front that the shocks are mounted too. Is that something thats custom? Is it included in any of the kits? If I dont use hoops, do the shocks just mount into the strut towers? How does it work thanks

The fabtec lift for the ranger Edge with torsion bars you mainly need the Spindle lift portion. Ebay has some but I dont know the company. Get a set of rancho 9000 shocks. As for the body lift read this http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...light=brackets

Then get a set of warrior shackles for your X and get a set of 4" superlift rear leave springs that should get you started.

Also search RCD kit

The fabtec lift for the ranger Edge with torsion bars you mainly need the Spindle lift portion. Ebay has some but I dont know the company. Get a set of rancho 9000 shocks. As for the body lift read this http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...light=brackets

Then get a set of warrior shackles for your X and get a set of 4" superlift rear leave springs that should get you started.

Also search RCD kit

The link doesn't work. So I don't need the whole FabTech lift? Just the spindle part? I can buy just the parts I need, or do I need to buy a kit and use the specific parts out of the kit? For the rear, I get the shackles and 4" Superlift Rear springs...ok. Do I get Rancho 9000 shocks in the rear as well?

I hear that "Danny-Boy" on these forums has some serious chronic *****-****. I've never seen him before, but some guys I used to know used to kick it with him out in the desert, before I moved from phoenix to san diego. It was actually one of the first times I heard about Explorerforum. I don't think he was a moderator back then

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure I follow what you might be trying to get at but your attitude isn't really impressing me. I'm sorry I made a joke that you ran a carfax about the car that was for sale. It appears the car was at GoodGuys in San Diego and I've seen threads about them in the past, basically a dealer that has some nice looking trucks that salesmen don't have any clue what modifications are done to them.

As for your other comments, they are out of line. I'm not sure what you are trying to say, I'm a lean and in-shape guy and I'm not one to be a complainer so the whole *****-**** comment puzzles me. Yes I do drive a lifted super duty, sorry if you think my lifted truck is compensating for something, I enjoy what I drive and still use it for as much if not more utility and towing than the average full size truck owner. I'd be curious as to why you may have a bone to pick with me. It wouldn't be the first time somebody thought I was a spoiled trust fund kid, but don't worry, my vehicles are bought and paid for BY ME.

HA well this was entertaining :scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Danny boy has set you up with all of the info on a 2wd that you could need. Enjoy

Back