Want horn to beep when locking door. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want horn to beep when locking door.

tripplec

Reaction score
City, State
Bowmanville, ON Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer LTD AWD
Many vehicles horns beep when locking the doors with the factory remote. My explorer is not one of them. Is there any way to turn this feature on keeping the lights flashing which is all that does happen when locking currently.

PS: I have keyless entry on this but don't think it can be activated with it. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that when you push the lock button once, or twice? Is it the factory alarm? My OEM alarms do not sound when the lock button is pushed once. The alarm is armed with the first press, the second push of the button chirps the horn. I prefer not to bother people with my alarm arming, I set my alarm by pushing the button once, I can hear the doors lock. Regards,

Beep beep

Is that when you push the lock button once, or twice? Is it the factory alarm? My OEM alarms do not sound when the lock button is pushed once. The alarm is armed with the first press, the second push of the button chirps the horn. I prefer not to bother people with my alarm arming, I set my alarm by pushing the button once, I can hear the doors lock. Regards,

Thanks man, that the ticket. Press the lock button twice and BEEP BEEEEP. Great, another issue put to read this week.

Thanks man, that the ticket. Press the lock button twice and BEEP BEEEEP. Great, another issue put to read this week.

If the truck is locked properly, it should only BEEP once. Two BEEPs mean something is amiss (I think).

Honk

Yep only once. Good to know. Ford manual does not inform on this useful info.

Back