Want to drop my 93 2wd Xplorer Q's....... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to drop my 93 2wd Xplorer Q's.......

DropdXplr

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2wd
Looking to drop it but not enuf to where I have to c-notch it. I plan on running the I-beams and probably a block in the back just having a hard time finding the right kit. Im thinking Id like to drop it 4-5 inches front and back and run 18inch wheels. Id like to see more pics of lowered first gens if theres anymore out there that would be awsome! Also I hate the bumpers want to put a roll pan on it. Any info would be F***n awsome! Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To do it right, you'll want the drop I-beams in front, along with lowering springs, and then either have the springs de-arched in the rear, or get some Sport 2 door springs and have those de-arched for slightly more drop and a better ride. Be sure to get shorter shocks to go with the new lower stance, too.

Just a bolt-on c-notch would be worth your while if you don't plan on having an adjustable suspension and want the ride quality that comes with good suspension travel rather than having an axle that sometimes hits the frame. You can just go with a thinner bump stop, but just a bolt-on notch can make a big difference with a decent drop.

Roll pans can be tough to do on the Explorer, you'll usually need to hack off the rear part of the frame that sticks out to mount the stock bumper, then a custom fabbed roll pan (or one adapted from something else) goes on just fine and looks really clean.

Now all you have to say is you want a White one....and you would be describing MINE:

Attachments

• Xlowered1.jpg
    Xlowered1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,325
  • XatJohns.jpg
    XatJohns.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 4,225
  • RollpanInstalled.jpg
    RollpanInstalled.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,162
  • XgettingGas.jpg
    XgettingGas.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,285

One problem though....

I am dropped 5"/6". Anything more than a 2"/3" drop and you will need to pay a lot of money for Drop Beams, de-arched leaf spring springs, and a C-notch. I have a 4.5" C-notch, I had to swap gas tanks to a 2nd Gen Sport tank, in addition to the 2" belltech drop springs, and 3" Drop Block.

They make RollPans for the Explorer. I bought mine from CanDo Customs. They are the only ones that offer one.

Ryan

Props to your expo man that is sick!

I want my 95 to look like that...but murdered haha

Back