• Register Today It's free!

want to drop my X

blknight92

Reaction score
City, State
fort walton beach florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 explorer xlt
ive been told by a few of my friends around here that if i lower my explorer it will screw my suspension up.. what im wanthing to do is lower it about 2 -3'' all the way around .. will this screw anything up at all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

most definitely...

Of course it will have some affect(screwing up), but 2-3" shouldnt be too bad, it will just make your joints wear faster and such, just search around for topics on it.

If it's a 4x4 you can only drop it 2" ...

no its a 4x2 and i am i puttin on different size tires and new joints on as well

i heard that things that never rattled before begin to rattle and come loose, and the ride is quite uncomfortable.

with a 2" drop, thus not flipping the torsion bar, your ride quality will not diminish much(still noticable though), and some stuff may rattle but its mostly easy fixes. Im dropped over twice that much and have been for over half a year, its not that bad trust me, just get good shocks.

eibach suspension is in order for the lowering.. just need to find some leaf springs too

liv2surf34 said:
with a 2" drop, thus not flipping the torsion bar, your ride quality will not diminish much(still noticable though), and some stuff may rattle but its mostly easy fixes. Im dropped over twice that much and have been for over half a year, its not that bad trust me, just get good shocks.

he has a first gen. they do not have torsion bars ;)

ah, yes it would help to read under his name eh? my bad, but anyone with a second gen on...read above...beer?

You'll need springs and maybe beams depending on how low you want to go in the front. They might make drop spindles for the first gens too? You don't need springs for the rear, you can just get blocks.

I had a 91 ranger with belltech beams and eibach springs with new front leaf spring mounts and blocks and the ride was just as good or better than stock.

they have drop beams you can use. Might be easier in the long run to use those along with springs and shocks.

Back