Want to help me "prank" a group of Subaru Owners that hate Explorers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to help me "prank" a group of Subaru Owners that hate Explorers?

jg09

Reaction score
City, State
Everson, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer Explorer
There are a bunch of Subaru Legacy owners who are hating on my plan of selling my Outback and getting an Explorer. We'll be having a meet up at Nooksack Falls (off of Mt. Baker Highway). Soooooo...it'd be funny if we could get a huge group of Explorers to come and crash the party. We're looking at Jan. 10 as a tentative date for it. Anyone interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subaru outback owners have get togethers? OMG that must be in Boulder CO
LOL

Seeing how I own both a Subaru and an Explorer..... no thanks...
Why dont you keep the Outback and get an Explorer? I'll just about guarantee the Outback will get better gas milage. My old Outback got way better milage then my Explorer.

Yeah, but Katie......

Can your Scoobie take the abuse that your X has?

LOL

Ryan

Subaru outback owners have get togethers? OMG that must be in Boulder CO
LOL

hahahaha.. yup, they rule the road here in the land of granola. 90% are women with a rainbow sticker in the back window and could beat me up.

Seeing how I own both a Subaru and an Explorer..... no thanks...
Why dont you keep the Outback and get an Explorer? I'll just about guarantee the Outback will get better gas milage. My old Outback got way better milage then my Explorer.

Why not? Because I DO have an Outback and an Explorer. I want another Explorer for more room (my 6'3" body doesn't fit too well) and my average of 20 mpg isn't all that great. Plus, maintenance is a bit of a ***** on the Outback, so that's what I'm basing my decision on, but now that's quite a bit off topic.

Yeah, but Katie......

Can your Scoobie take the abuse that your X has?

LOL

Ryan

I'm sure it would take a lot of the abuse. I'm a big fan of subarus, they are great cars. But I got it so I could beat on the Explorer even harder. :D

Why not? Because I DO have an Outback and an Explorer. I want another Explorer for more room (my 6'3" body doesn't fit too well) and my average of 20 mpg isn't all that great. Plus, maintenance is a bit of a ***** on the Outback, so that's what I'm basing my decision on, but now that's quite a bit off topic.

:dunno: I guess 20mpg to me was worth it, but I was daily driving my Explorer 50miles round trip at around 13mpg. Mine is more wheeler then a road vehicle. And like I said above, I can wheel my Explorer harder when I know I have another way to get to work.
From the original post, I thought you were getting rid of the Subie for JUST an Explorer, not getting a 2nd. Makes more sense now.

:dunno: I guess 20mpg to me was worth it, but I was daily driving my Explorer 50miles round trip at around 13mpg. Mine is more wheeler then a road vehicle. And like I said above, I can wheel my Explorer harder when I know I have another way to get to work.
From the original post, I thought you were getting rid of the Subie for JUST an Explorer, not getting a 2nd. Makes more sense now.

I could average around 17mpg in my x1 (at least when it was stock). Dumping over $9k in a car that realistically only got 3 more mpg was of epically disappointing proportions. I can justify trading 3 mpg for more headroom, easier entrances and exits from the vehicle, and much more cargo room. In the Outback, I have to use a bike rack if I want to carry a bike and not put the back seats down. In the Explorer, I can just put my bmx bike in without folding any seats. If I do fold down the seats, I can fit 4 bmx bikes or 3 mountain bikes back there. Needless to say, that's a nice feature for me.

And I have to say, having to beat off all the hot soccer moms with a stick when they come to check out my Outback is getting old! :rolleyes:

I'd also like added off road ability in my daily driver since I do occasionally go 'wheeling in it. Here are some pics from my last off-road adventure

Outback_broken1.jpg

From the outside, looks fine

Outback_broken3.jpg

Oh...well that shouldn't be like that

Outback_broken4.jpg

I like Explorers and Subies. My wife has a '00 Outback wagon which has been pretty good to her since purchased new.

The welds on that thing are FRICKEN AWESOME!....not to mention all the work, and engineering that went along with it....

Ryan

That thing is simply amazing

Were doing that to a buddies subaru right now. It'll hold up better then my Explorer in a roll, lol... :roll:
l_8a831832953244a5b9dfefffed6c25f5.png

l_4af9a51b2feb448eb3daa32dcc9ee977.png

Back