Want to know the day your Explorer will be born? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to know the day your Explorer will be born?

InspectorGadget

Reaction score
City, State
Northern CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
A friend sent me this link on the building of your Explorer. I had not seen all this info before so if I am duplicating an old post my apologies.

http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

An excerpt from the page explains how to read your window sticker once you download it for the build date.

Find out when your vehicle will be built
On the top of our window sticker example above you will see the numbers 220110215. The first number 2 means "to be built", the next four digits are the year, next two are the month, and last two are the day.

So according to my window sticker my Explorer will be built 08/14/14 :D

My window sticker;

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FM5K7D83FGA56681

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Willy according to my window sticker, and that tip, I see my Explorer Sport will be built tomorrow 08/09/14. I hope a Saturday build isn't the same as a Monday morning one ;-)

Getting close.....

Willy according to my window sticker, and that tip, I see my Explorer Sport will be built tomorrow 08/09/14. I hope a Saturday build isn't the same as a Monday morning one ;-)

Getting close.....

Congrats...... Did not know the line ran Saturdays. Post when yours arrives. When I ordered mine I was in no rush. But as it gets closer I grow more impatient.

:hammer:

Me too.. Before im so patient when they sent me the window sticker..

I become more impatient.. They said two more weeks if they ship it to canada this week..

I ordered 2015 ford ex sport.. Black black/ sienna interior

Me too.. Before im so patient when they sent me the window sticker..

I become more impatient.. They said two more weeks if they ship it to canada this week..

I ordered 2015 ford ex sport.. Black black/ sienna interior

Cool. Mine is  white platinum metallic tri-coat with charcoal black interior.

It will be a work vehicle so will be striped shortly after delivery and a box for tools etc built for the rear.

Look forward to pics of yours when it arrives.

ETA @ dealer 1 week from today... :)

Will do (post pics) - I even asked my sales guy to snap a shot when it arrives since it will likely be during a busy work week.
This is my 6 weeks early 50th b-day present to myself so admittedly I'm spoiling myself and having fun with the process. Also asked - no test drives to posers (I get to break it in) and no adding of dealership badging (I like them but not that much ;-)

Well mine gets built tomorrow and is estimated to the dealer 9/6 which is a day before my birthday. Kinda hoping its a day or two early so I can take a birthday ride in it :burnout:

So window sticker date was accurate. Crystal confirmed this morning my Ex was in fact built yesterday and is awaiting shipment to the dealer out here in CA. Estimate is still 9/6 but we'll check next week to see if it has moved either way.

Benny has shipped the parts for my iPhone remote start and will arrive Monday. Life is good.

One happy guy here.

Got news from dealer yesterday.. Finally its there..

Will pick up my ex today.. Excited..

Build date : july 06 2014
Eta: sept 5 2014

Will get my ex today.. Aug 29 2014...

Got news from dealer yesterday.. Finally its there..

Will pick up my ex today.. Excited..

Build date : july 06 2014
Eta: sept 5 2014

Will get my ex today.. Aug 29 2014...

You are going to love it !!

You are going to love it !!

Im really enjoying it right now.. So far so good...

Well im into the engine and suspension.. Other option i put would be the wife's choice.. Haha!

My '15 Explorer Sport arrived at my dealership on Friday 8/29! Build date was 8/19. We went to the dealership to "visit" her and take pics. She's being detailed, having the mud flaps and bumper thing installed. We pick her up tomorrow afternoon :)
2mcvuo6.jpg

2d97axs.jpg

2z7izbo.jpg

2vuga2q.jpg

That's a hot looking Sport! Welcome to the club - Congrats!
S64

LOVE that red. Wish I could have ordered it but mine has to be white as it gets a logo wrap for my business. Mine is at the dealer and I should be picking it up tomorrow.

Happy Exploring all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOVE that red. Wish I could have ordered it but mine has to be white as it gets a logo wrap for my business. Mine is at the dealer and I should be picking it up tomorrow.

Happy Exploring all

Congrats on your new ex..

Back