Want to put 35s underneath my Ford Explorer got 3 inch body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to put 35s underneath my Ford Explorer got 3 inch body lift

Jim wright

Hillbilly jim
Reaction score
City, State
Concrete wa st
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT
Callsign
Hillbilly
Got 35s and want him to put them under my Explorer got 3 inch body lift will it fit

IMG_20180401_085948.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:sawzall: For sure with just the 3" body lift. Look into F150 coil spacers for the front and shackles for the rear for almost 2" of suspension lift cheap. You'll still have to trim some but it would be doable.

What gears do you have?

Ditto on the gears. Don't bother making the tires fit unless you're suitably regeared.

You will have to cut a bunch off the rear edge of the front fenders to clear 35" tires. I could not clear them until I had about 5" of lift, along with the fender trimming. I could only get 32" tires to clear the front fenders with a 4" lift.

Please search this forum, there are many threads here with this information.

Im running 35s on 3" lift. (2" suspension, 1" body) Lots of cutting and hammering especially in the front. It is do-able but a lot of work. Adding a simple 2" suspension will make it much easier.

Back