Want to run 285's on my 02 EB explorer v8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to run 285's on my 02 EB explorer v8

ryangtp89

Reaction score
City, State
Bucksport, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Did research but didn't find enough to feel confident to make any purchases. Only thing I came up with was there's no suspension lifts and I should get a 3" body lift and wheel spacers and I should be able to run 285's with no issues. How does that sound ? What brands ? Any links to the products I'll need? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To run 285 tires I had to run Warrior shackles a long add a leaf and Monroe load adjusts and a TT in the front and still needed to trim, add in a 3 inch body lift youl fit 285 easily

Waterloo-20130522-00161_zpsa55cb2f4.jpg

With body lift

831AC1AE-0592-40F1-910D-50B42DF1F379_zps4vvkijuw.jpg

Totally different from the 3rd gen. I need to know of they sell a 3 inch body lift for the 3rd Gen explorer or do I have to get the ranger or sport Trac kit

I was able to run 285s on my 04 v8 explorer with just a 3 inch body lift and with 1.5 wheel spacers plus some trimming of like a half inch of metal in fender and using zip ties to hold wheel wells back

3" body lift and 2.25in traxda strut spacer did the trick when I ran 285/70/17. Minor trimming on front bumper and no trimming to fender itself. Are you gonna run stock rims?

Back