WANTED - Eddie Baurer Fender flares and step skirts, etc. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WANTED - Eddie Baurer Fender flares and step skirts, etc.

cloud2or3

Reaction score
City, State
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Limited SOHC
Looking for the complete fender flare trim from an Eddie Bauer edition to install on my 1997 Limited SOHC. I think I may need the running boards also as I dont think my existing boards match up...? not sure...

In good shape with mounting hardware needed, if possible.

Prefer ivory, champagne, white, or silver... in that order. Probably going to get wrapped anyways...

Im not sure if I need the running boards If i have the Limited Running boards already... not sure if the fender flares just match up or not. Here's what mine look like... you tell me...

img_0967.jpg

img_09681.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was at the local u-pull-it yard today and saw two 2gen Eddies with the fender flares/running board set-up.
Yes, you'll need the running boards as well.

I noticed when you open the rear doors, there's triangle place there where the flare coming up from the board meets the flare mounted on the door - it's got a "not-a-step" symbol on it. Never had noticed that. Guess I haven't see that many of them.

Only problem... both trucks were missing the passenger front fenders and the flares.
All the rest were in good shape. Think one may have even had the lights on the boards.

Good luck on finding you a set.

I'd like some, or modify some ranger flares to fit my xlt.
Your limited seems in nice condition.

Thanks!

Was at the local u-pull-it yard today and saw two 2gen Eddies with the fender flares/running board set-up.
Yes, you'll need the running boards as well.

...Think one may have even had the lights on the boards.

Were you looking for yourself? or for me?

I'd be real curious to see these running boards with the lights on them. Anyone have pics? Please post. That would be the way I would go, the hunt is on!

I'd like some, or modify some ranger flares to fit my xlt.
Your limited seems in nice condition.

I'm an auto detailer... you should have seem it when I bought it... completely oxidized. Fortunately it didnt have many real problems outside of a few scratches. Nice thing about a lighter colour is that it hides a lot of issues.

I was just looking - sort of a hobby now, seeing what I can find to add to mine.

If I remember right, they had a lights on the top of the board, one on each end of the tread area. I guess the lights were designed to shine where you would step.

Back