Wanted ford tbird m90 to 4.0 ohv adapter plate and plenum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted ford tbird m90 to 4.0 ohv adapter plate and plenum

Ninjakiwi8

Reaction score
City, State
Whittier, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ranger xlt. 4.0 OHV
Hey guys need some help. So turns out RPcaster isnt producing an intake adapter plate for the m90 supercharger anymore (for OHV application) im in need of one :/ also if you have the oval shaped plenum to go with the m90 I'll take it. Let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@vroomzoomboom
Can you remember who bought my setup? I wonder if it ever landed on a motor.

JD saw a guy on fb selling a kit but he wants to sell the adapter plate solo for $800 :cool:

Yuuuup and I hate it. Im gonna have to sell the one I bought abd most likely gonna buy his whole set up for $1,200 it would have been nice to run the late model. Cooler temps but o well

So great news! That whole kit was for sale $1,200 CAD not USD! it is currently on its way to my house haha so I have 90mm maf and whole kit(plenum, 2 SC's, adapter plate) just need to track down a throttle body and make custom intake. Looking at buying a Tweecer for tuning so ill have to figure that out as well. You guys were sayijg you had an issue with the oil filler neck being in the way no?

so finally got everything!! Turns out the m90 that came with the adapter plate and plenum is not really in good shape... I am going to try and find a shop that is willing to cut off the oval flange on casters plenum and weld and machine a new flange, one to accept the gen 5 m90 I have with rectangular inlet. It was recently rebuilt and in way better condition. I'll also need to lift the m90 by about half an inch to match the bolt pattern on the rectangular m90. I am still on the market for a throttle body though. Which did you guys use?

yes. the person that originally tuned it is no longer around.
call LaSota Racing Ford Tuning & Training
if you dont have a tuner, he can sell you one, as well as do your tuning for you

Sweeeetnesss. That takes care of everything right? Pretty much as good as live turning?

you will need the hand held, printer cable and a laptop. unless your going to do dataloging, then you will need a wideband gauge and 02 sensor

I'm looking at getting the SCT TS +. Installing wideband right now with gauge in dash. Was there ever any need for you to do any changes yourself? I mean that handheld will still do trans firmness, and all other changes needed for injectors, ect?

Awesomeness. Well thank you sir. Ive been going back and forth with trying Tweecer and SCT

hey guys! so some bad news. looks like i am probably going to be going a different route with my ranger. the cost for setting up the supercharger doesn't quite make sense for the power gains it will provide. I'd love to but just seems like to much of a headache when i could just throw a 1jz or 2jz in there and call it done haha. if you guys know of anyone looking for the 422 cam built 4.0 and or supercharger kit that runs the gen 5 m90 i am going to be selling or at least trying to. am i able to post a for sale ad on here or would i have to become an elite member for that?

@vroomzoomboom
Can you remember who bought my setup? I wonder if it ever landed on a motor.
Still building the vehicle it is going to be installed in. I'm using sohc pistons and 95tm heads in that new ohv block I bought from another forum member for some E85 fun.

hey guys! so some bad news. looks like i am probably going to be going a different route with my ranger. the cost for setting up the supercharger doesn't quite make sense for the power gains it will provide. I'd love to but just seems like to much of a headache when i could just throw a 1jz or 2jz in there and call it done haha. if you guys know of anyone looking for the 422 cam built 4.0 and or supercharger kit that runs the gen 5 m90 i am going to be selling or at least trying to. am i able to post a for sale ad on here or would i have to become an elite member for that?
Hey I wanted to see if your still selling the sc, and intake adapter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back