• Register Today It's free!

Wanted: Old iPod dock

Maxstealth04

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
If anyone has or knows anyone with a broken or blown iPod dock I will pay. Really only need the part that plugs into the iPod and the wires to that part to customize a hookup for my center counsel. I do not want to go to the store and buy an expensive one just to tear apart! LOL!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could you just use an ipod usb cable? I've got like a dozen of those.

No way to keep it in place, the ipod docks did all the hard work of keeping it flush for me.

Good luck with the build , Ive wanted to see someone do this , and thought of it when i still had my I touch , but with the amount of bass , and the speed bumps in my town , im sure it wouldn't last long in my truck lol Can't Wait to See Pics When Finished !

If I get the materials, I will post pics!

Sweet already Subscribed !

Looking forward to how this turns out! I don't even use my ash tray so removing it and making a place for the Ipod to mount would be flipping sweet!!!

The only thing I've thought of buying would be the Ipod mount that plugs into your cigarette lighter and you select what station you want to use to play it over your radio.

Limited02 said:
Looking forward to how this turns out! I don't even use my ash tray so removing it and making a place for the Ipod to mount would be flipping sweet!!!

The only thing I've thought of buying would be the Ipod mount that plugs into your cigarette lighter and you select what station you want to use to play it over your radio.

You have an ash tray???

I had the Belkin tunebase with the arm and it worked great. It was stolen from my ex a few months ago. I don't think it would work as well for me since I replaced my antenna with a shorter one. But.... for $90 and a decent return policy at RadioShack, it's worth a try.

You have an ash tray???

I had the Belkin tunebase with the arm and it worked great. It was stolen from my ex a few months ago. I don't think it would work as well for me since I replaced my antenna with a shorter one. But.... for $90 and a decent return policy at RadioShack, it's worth a try.

In the center consol, I have an ash tray/cigeratte lighter thing with a door that covers it then two cupholders. I haven't seen many other Explorers with a similar consol setup as mine. If I were to attempt what you are doing, I'd remove my ash tray/lighter combo and install the ipod mount.

If you are curious about my consol, I can post a picture.

In the center consol, I have an ash tray/cigeratte lighter thing with a door that covers it then two cupholders. I haven't seen many other Explorers with a similar consol setup as mine. If I were to attempt what you are doing, I'd remove my ash tray/lighter combo and install the ipod mount.

If you are curious about my consol, I can post a picture.

post up a couple pics. interested to see what it looks like

Just in front of the cupholders is a door that covers the ash tray/lighter. What's sweet is I can actually remove the tray, mount something like Max wants and when I remove the ipod, I can close the door and have a clean look.

Also- I do contruction for a living so yes, the interior is a little dusty;) I'll be cleaning the interior in the next day or two with the warm weather we have coming.

SAM_1812.jpg

SAM_1809.jpg

SAM_1807.jpg

SAM_1806.jpg

Max- If you feel I'm bugging up your thread, let me know;)

Limited02 said:
Just in front of the cupholders is a door that covers the ash tray/lighter. What's sweet is I can actually remove the tray, mount something like Max wants and when I remove the ipod, I can close the door and have a clean look.

Also- I do contruction for a living so yes, the interior is a little dusty;) I'll be cleaning the interior in the next day or two with the warm weather we have coming.

Max- If you feel I'm bugging up your thread, let me know;)

I've never seen that before. Sure does clutter up the center console.

I Think the Spot your Talking About Would Be Cool , it Also Lights Up that area at Night With the i pod on and using before the backlight timer goes off of course , I Like Your idea limited02 !

Back