WANTED: Stock Intake Duct for 1993 4.0 V6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WANTED: Stock Intake Duct for 1993 4.0 V6

msmith65

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I need one preferably with good grommets at each end.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only difference I've seen from the old style (1991) and the newer style (1992-1994) is the 1991 is a 3 piece set while the 1992-1994 is a single tube.

I'm actually running one from a 1991 since my old one (1992) got friendly with the alternator... and lost..

Anyway.. I think the parts explorer at the neighbors (a 1994) still has the intake tube.

If you cant find it on, let me know and I can check the ends of the tube for you to make sure they are good. My guess is shipping will be more than what he will want for the tube.

~Mark

The only difference I've seen from the old style (1991) and the newer style (1992-1994) is the 1991 is a 3 piece set while the 1992-1994 is a single tube.

I'm actually running one from a 1991 since my old one (1992) got friendly with the alternator... and lost..

Anyway.. I think the parts explorer at the neighbors (a 1994) still has the intake tube.

If you cant find it on, let me know and I can check the ends of the tube for you to make sure they are good. My guess is shipping will be more than what he will want for the tube.

~Mark

Thank you. I'm awaiting an answer from the Ebay guy at the moment, but will let you know.

I got the three-piece unit from the Ebay guy. It's heavier but more durable. I hope the old one's failure to seal was a contributing factor to my recent fall in gas mileage!

Price was $34 and shipping $12, BTW.

Keep us updated:thumbsup:

Back