• Register Today It's free!

Wanted to pass this along

ProPhotog

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS - KD5YKM
took the Exploder to a mechanic today, one that I trust, and it KILLED ME to do this since I try to do most of my work. But I had a problem I couldn't diagnose. Vaccum lines keep popping off the wife's Exploder. Well, scratched my head for ever.

Well, luckily, the mechanic had a 94 explorer in the day before with the same problem and traced it to a pinhole in the transmission vaccum modulator! Mine did the same thing and I've got my fingers crossed on this, but he swears it's fixed. I can tell a major difference in the way the truck runs now though. SMoother shifting, no more pinging when accelerating and hopefully, no more lines popping off!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doesn't it just kill you, a guy can spend hours or even days in, under, and around your own truck but once in a while a complete stranger can just walk up and tell you what went wrong.Grrr. Anyway, hopefully it's solved now and you can carry on with fun instead of all that head scratching. :thumbsup:

I'll file that one away. Thanks for sharing.

this thing has 170K miles on it, so really the last thing I wanted to do was spend ANY money on it. The wife loves it and she convinced me to make needed repairs and improvements on it.
In the last 3 months:
1) new headliner
2) tranny clean, flush and condition
3) air filter
4) radiator
5) t stat
6) all new hoses
7) fan clutch and fan blade
8) a/c service
9) repaired broken driver's side inside pull handle
10) added a sub box to the factory system
11) CD head unit....

Now if I can just get her to CLEAN the damn thing!!!!!!! ;)

I'm glad I have Certified friends. I owe them big time and would go out of my way to help them just because of their knowledge.

I have spent a lot of time and energy hoping I might help people who love their older Explorers and want to keep them, even after the economics might dictate otherwise. To that end trying to help them DIY when it would be cost prohibitive. Folks like you prove there IS an audience for that. <g>

Glacier991 said:
I have spent a lot of time and energy hoping I might help people who love their older Explorers and want to keep them, even after the economics might dictate otherwise. To that end trying to help them DIY when it would be cost prohibitive. Folks like you prove there IS an audience for that. <g>

I appreciate guys like you most certainly. I was a service advisor for a while and I can tell you first hand you guys aren't respected or appreciated enough.

thank you. It's nice to hear.

Glacier991 said:
thank you. It's nice to hear.

sorry to change the subject on the thread Glacier, but do you ever do any running about up around Foresthill or Cool? I used to live up there is why I ask. I'd move back to the Sacto area in a heartbeat if I could!

Back