• Register Today It's free!

WAR Shackle install problem...

greengoose

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited
I know the install of the Warrior shackle should be as easy as pie.
My problem is: I got the nuts off the old bolts but I cant seem to get the pressure off of the springs in order to push the bolts out.
My set up: Vehicle on stands, and a floor jack to lift the axle up and down to relive pressure off of the springs. But thats not working.

I think if I can figure that out then I will only have one other problem. It looks like my trailer hitch is in the way so I wont be able to remove the upper bolt.

I really dont want to remove the hitch to install this.
-Bryan

Jack up the frame until the rear tires barely lift off the ground...

Of course block the front wheels. Jack up the frame until the rear tires barely lift off the ground. Then, use the floor jack to micro-adjust the rear axle to relieve leaf spring load.
To get that bolt out without removing the hitch, you'll have to knock it out a bit, then cut the head off and push it out the other way.
Hope this helps...

WOW......this is my first post with the new controls.....Different.

If you need any help with the install give me a yell. I had to work at it some too on the bolts. Air tools helped a TON. Im ready to bribe somebody into helping me install my quickair tank and such anyways, so give me a yell if you need anything. :)

ps.....I may send you and a few others an email. What do you think about a run next Saturday?? I'd like to get one in before moab. :)

wedge a jack between the leafspring and the frame and lift slowly... the jack that came with my X worked best hope this helped

Back