Warm Driver Side/Cold Passenger Side | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warm Driver Side/Cold Passenger Side

CoopakayakWI

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited 4.6
Hello- I have a 2006 Ford Explorer with dual climate control. The passenger side blows cold and the drivers side is warm and never really cools off. It also sounds like a bird is squawking behind the dash every so often. I’m wondering if this a blend door motor or something in the back? Any help or recommendations on how to fix are appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it sounds like the driver side blend door is failing.

I know it's been a few years, but what did you do to fix it? I have a similar issue with my 07 Mercury Mountaineer (Electronic Climate Control, Dual Zones). Blows hot on the passenger side and cold on the drivers side. Good for me, bad for the wife, so it needs to be fixed. hahaha!

I had the same problem and it turned out to be an A/C compressor going bad. I haven't had the problem since it was replaced two years ago.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be an A/C compressor going bad. I haven't had the problem since it was replaced two years ago.
Thank you!

Back