• Register Today It's free!

warn hubs

Garbear

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeside California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT Exploder
Does anyone know the best priced online Warn manual hub purchase place? 92 xlt thanks, Gary

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't everyone respond at once! I found a site, hubs spindle kit and shipping for $232.45

You can get the Mile Marker ones and the auto to manual conversion kit on summitracing.com for much less than that price. Also, on ebay there are usually either Warn or Mile Markers(can't remember which one) for 105 or so and then the conversion kit is about $40-50.

Try looking on www.amazon.com I just bought mine, very quick shipping and a great price, total with socket was like 192 or something total for Warn hubs. Kinda disappointed the socket comes from one of their sellers, so it still hasn't arrived yet, but I needed them this weekend so I bought one at a local store. So if your in the need of a socket for the spindle nuts let me know....other then that I can't say enough about these warn hubs...work great!!!

I can get you a set of Warn hubs for around $100 (I'd have to call for the exact price) and all you need for the conversion kit is a set of Dana 44 nuts and washers - like around $8.00. All of the above plus shipping.

I don't recommend the Mile Marker hubs - they explode with hard use...

My son works at a local 0ff-road shop and they carry both brands - MM's come back at around 10:1 compared to Warns...

glfredrick said:
I don't recommend the Mile Marker hubs - they explode with hard use
I read the exact opposite. I read that the Warns explode easier on the D35 than the MMs, but I might have read it wrong :confused:

I've seen tons of MM's broken - and only a couple sets of Warns - and then try to get a new set of MM's... Warn has a lifetime warranty to the original puchaser.

they are the same hubs I believe, not sure if one would be stronger then the other when the only difference is the name on the sticker....

Also car quest has the inner and outer spindle nuts and the lock ring washers, just need to ask for d44 spindle nuts, inner, outer, and lock ring. I think I paid $20-30 for the set last time.....

I paid $90 for the last set of Warns I bought.......
Also you might check the bone yards ans see if you cant find a Explorer/Ranger with manual hubs, save a TON of $$$ here.....

They are definately NOT the same hubs - and in fact the MM's "appear" to be better built, but the metal in the Warns has proven to be stronger. I have held both sets in my hand - and compared both to factory and they are different...

The breakage I've seen with the MM's begins with a swelling along the sides of the body - some so bad that you can't pull the wheel unless you take a sledge hammer to the hub and destroy it. When the Warns fail - it is generally catastrophic - in other words they work until they explode - and generally pull a lot longer than the MM's in similar circumstances.

(Oh, and I'm talking about seeing dozen's of sets returned of each variety...)

I agree on the salvage yard manuals - they are good if there are any left out there... And I can get the D44 nuts way cheaper... Pays to have a kid in the business... :D

see thats why I post this stuff, I know someone will correct me if I am under the wrong impression :)

I can get the spindle nuts REAL cheap, like go to the junk yard with a spanner wrench and start pulling them from D44's and D35 TTB's, Carqyest does carry the lock ring washers, which have brand spanking new tabs on them without the rounded corners....I think I am on my third set on this D35, thats what happens with 35's and re-torquing the wheel bearings 3-4 times a year :)

glfredrick said:
I've seen tons of MM's broken - and only a couple sets of Warns - and then try to get a new set of MM's... Warn has a lifetime warranty to the original puchaser.
Thanks for letting me know that, now I'll be able to buy the stronger ones ;). I was wondering why on most trucks, I'll see many more Warns than MM's, but I thought I read that the MM's were stronger. I obviously misread that :confused:.

No problem man... Just like to pass on the best info I have. I run Warns myself :D

I did check with my kid, and the Warns are listing for a tad over $200 and I can get a set for about $175. I paid way less than that for mine, however, so there are obviously some out there for cheaper (Jobber cost on the Warns is around $100 if you can get someone to give up their mark up.)

i got the hubs from summit, i got them to price beet 4wheelparts and got them for 153 plus like 10 shipping and got them in 2 days, and i go tthe nuts from my dealership(It pays to work for ford sometimes) for like 15 bucks
but where ever you find them call summit and have them proce match them.

bmxking5 said:
So would I still need to buy the Explorer Spindle Nut Conversion Kit for the Jeep hubs to replace the auto hubs on my D35?
Yup.

Remember, you can just get stock Dana 44 (straight axle) nuts and washers and they fit perfect... WAY cheaper than getting the Warn kit. (Like $40 cheaper!)

That's all I use and they work fine.

Where would you get the Dana 44 nuts and washer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the info glfredrick, my internet connection was down, so I just now got the reply. Gary

Back