Warning 911 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warning 911

Tavin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Limite 2016
Merry Christmas to all, after update 3.5.1 every time I start the engine I get a warning not to be connected to the 911, and is that in my country there is no such service, any idea how to remove that warning 911, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Merry Christmas to all, after update 3.5.1 every time I start the engine I get a warning not to be connected to the 911, and is that in my country there is no such service, any idea how to remove that warning 911, thanks
Tavin, have you checked your settings for 911 Assist? On the main MFT screen select Settings (little cog wheels to the right of the Home icon) and then select 911 Assist. There are 2 settings here; 911 Assist - ON/OFF and 911 Assist Reminder - ON/OFF.
I'm not sure if the reminder ON/OFF setting is new with the latest version or not. According to the MyFord Touch Supplement, if 911 Assist is set to OFF you will get either a verbal or reminder message telling you it is OFF. I would think that with the ability now to set the reminder to OFF, that the message should no longer show up when 911 Assist is set to OFF.
Try playing with the settings and see if that solves your problem. If not, I would think that setting 911 to ON would do it even if you don't have that service where you are.
Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Peter

Thanks Peter, very friendly, and putting it in OFFy probe continues the warning, I will continue trying, maybe do a master reset or disconnect the battery, Greetings

Thanks Peter, very friendly, and putting it in OFFy probe continues the warning, I will continue trying, maybe do a master reset or disconnect the battery, Greetings
It seems strange that you still get the warning message with the reminder message to OFF.
Do you still get the same warning if you set the 911 Assist to ON. If not just leave it set to ON even though you don't have the service.
Good luck Tavin. I hope you can get it fixed.

Peter

Peter chose to on 911 and continuous assistance giving me the message, really is a bit annoying at each engine start receiving verbal and written message, greetings

Guys, Check out my thread on this topic. Very disappointing that Ford is doing such a poor job managing the MFT software project. More than a year old and they still don't have control and seems obvious don't completely test before releasing.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375574
Thanks for the link. The problem that Tavin is having is that even though he turns 911 Assist on, he still get the message. I can see where that would be irritating to say the least. Unfortunately it looks like there isn't an immediate cure for it unless someone else finds one.

Peter

I tried out, I tried on, master reset, I will unplug the battery as the only remedy, but I say it's annoying, every time I start the engine I get the visual and verbal warning, sorry for the delay in response, I can only by night, thanks to Peter and another friend for your concern, but any ideas anyone thanks

Hey, everyone!

I'm still looking into this issue; the department I need to speak with isn't here until next week. I'll let you know what they say once I hear back from them. I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, I'll wait for the answer, thanks and Happy New Year

Rebbeca if you have any response on the issue I would appreciate Warning 911, will wait reply thanks

Rebbeca if you have any response on the issue I would appreciate Warning 911, will wait reply thanks

I'm still waiting to hear something back. I haven't forgotten :)

Rebecca

Thanks you Rebecca
Hi Tavin, and Happy New Year. I just have one more question about your issue. I was wondering if you have 911 programmed into your phone? If so, perhaps the MFT is reading that, especially if you transferred your directory into the MFT. If not, then I am completely in the dark on why you keep getting that message even after having turned the reminder off and all the other things we have tried. Are there any other Explorers in your area? Maybe you could compare settings if there are, assuming they don't have the same problem.
Hope a resolution is found soon. If is is really annoying, perhaps you can try and go back to the previous version until the issue is resolved.
Good luck.

Peter

Happy new year Peter, I have 911 programmed into the phone because in my country there is no such service, but there are other browsers do not have the latest update, I'll wait any response from Rebecca, if no solocion may try to put the previous version, very grateful for your comments, greetings

Any news?

I'm still waiting to hear something back. I haven't forgotten :)

Rebecca
I'm bumping this since I have a related issue. It's been plenty of time to get feedback. Rebecca, what can you tell us? Honesty is the best policy I always say.

Thanks, Jeff

Also keep in expectation of an answer, Greetings

Bump

Hey, everyone!

I'm still looking into this issue; the department I need to speak with isn't here until next week. I'll let you know what they say once I hear back from them. I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year!

Rebecca

Bueller? Bueller? ...

Got to be a pest on this, it's been 4 months, I'm sure the department you need to speak to is back, so what's the scoop? Just tell us, have bean counters and lawyers stepped in and "forced" us to use 911 assist? And you didn't remove the option in time for release? Got to be a reason. If you screwed up just admit it. Just let us know something, please.

Well, four months awaiting response from Ford, and hearing the warning 911 every time you start the engine, do not think that is too much?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, four months awaiting response from Ford, and hearing the warning 911 every time you start the engine, do not think that is too much?

I had the same problem back when I didn't want to work that feature 2 years ago. It seems that now it's still doing that for me. Not a biggie since I do put 911 to on. It's not your phone, it's the MFT that keeps prompting since I had the same issue. Are you using an iPhone or regular phone? It did it on both phones for me. What version are you on now?

Back