Warning!! Do Not Use This 4 Wheel Shop For Work!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warning!! Do Not Use This 4 Wheel Shop For Work!!!

TwiSted_x_Pilot

Reaction score
City, State
Longview,Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I Don't know if this is the Forum for this but if u live in east Texas and need any sort of 4 wheel drive work do not use Shawn's customs AKA: Pellet Performance in Longview. I just picked up my 98' XLT from them this afternoon after they installed 3in body and shackels drove about 30 miles and heard a sound well i checked under my hood and my upper condenser line was riding on the pulley right below the altenator. Wore a hole through it and let all the 134 out. Next i noticed the bracket on my FIPK intake wasn't even tightend all the way down then i looked at the bottom of mine fan shroud and noticed the fan rubbing my oil cooler lines!! Now i'm really worried who knows what else hasn't been done right :fire: . I guess i should have scheduled those days of vacation and done it myself!! ( IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT DO IT YOURSELF!!). Just a warning to you guys hate to see someone else have to go down this road!!! Sorry if this is the wrong forum. :fire:

Just another example of the fact that 4x4 shops say they are experts, but what they are is J**p experts that know nothing about Explorers. Nothing against that shop, almost all of them are that way, they didn't know any better - I'll bet yours was the first Explorer they've ever modified.

That's the value of the info on this board. We learned a long time ago that the first thing that will happen when you put on a 3" body lift is that the A/C line has to be ziptied away from the belt - Gofast and I put on Sinjin's 3" body lift back in 2000 or 2001 and his A/C line promptly got cut by the belt. So we learned this five years ago.

Sorry to hear about your problem but hopefully the shop will make good on fixing it since they are the ones that worked on it. Next time you get a local "expert" to work on your Explorer, you might consider consulting the real experts here first. Welcome to our board - now take advantage of it. :)

^^DITTO^^

Don't forget there are quite a few of us here in Texas that can also direct you to places to have quality work done, or advice.

Sorry for your experience, hope things work out the way they should.

Jeff - :navajo:

Better check the installation of yor steering extension before you drive it more :) 3" Body lifts cause all sorts of issues with wires and hoses.

Back