Warning Lights - ABS Brake "wrench" and slipping car all on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warning Lights - ABS Brake "wrench" and slipping car all on

cooter4x

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT 4x4 4.0 V6
I don't know if it's a module or fuse or what... all of those lights are on and I don't have ABS, and I don't have traction control. Any ideas??? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless you have a special version - all 2006+ Ford Explorers/Mercury Mountaineers have ABS and roll stability control (rsc).

Those aren't options, they're standard features.

Thanks... yes I understand that and my EXP has those and are normally operational. However my dash lights are on and those items are not operating.

any codes??

if it's still under warranty, i'd let ford deal with it (of course, we have a pretty good dealer out here)

It's not under warranty and I don't know how to get the codes...

a number of auto part stores (ie. autozone) will scan codes at no charge. if you were in AZ i'd say, come on over.

I had the same problem - one of the wheel sensors was chipped - dealer replaced the ABS wheel sensor. A stick must have hit it when we had the October strom last year.

well, I took it to the Ford garage and I guess the computer control module had a malfunction. Service guy said he has to download new software for it and re-program the computer.

...darn computer!!!

UPDATE: Turns out it wasn't the computer afterall. The wire connection at the ABS control module was bad and had to be re-connected... walleye! it's fixed!

I have the same issue and they flashed the computer but still have annoying cartoons pop up on dash. Gotta be a better way.

I had the same lights on and it was a cracked ABS tone ring. The ones on the '06 models are a lot thinner metal than the replacement rings. Replaced the tone ring under warranty and the lights went out.

Yep! Cracked tone ring on mine also....not under warranty though. 3hr flat rate + $40 for the part. Warning lights are out for now.

I just posted a similar issue, expect my vehicle wont start afterwards. I assume it is the same thing, tone ring?

ABS sensor wiring - possible wheel bearing issues

I had the same issue...Before I could get it to my mechanic my front driver's wheel bearing became shot. When I wobbled my Exp. to his garage, he immediately noticed that the bearing chewed up the wiring to my ABS sensor. BTW, Napa wheel bearing kit cost a little under $200. The auto part chain stores were upwards of $300.

got c-1175 code.This code comes up after mem reset,carkey on/not run.c-1175 set.fails start of day testing.repl lt rear sensor,abs controler.originan plm began with rear wiring harness was compressed between gas tank & floor pan.supper impossing 12 volt on both sensor wires,I replaced harness and have followed service book tblshtng procedure.My sensor reads 10.25 meg ohms. Allnew sensors have the same reading. If i place a 1,000 ohm resistor instead od sensor I can clear memory and do not record an error( only in start of day testing mode).I get the same results with 2 other abs modules.In reading threds the sensor should be 1,000-2000 ohms.I dont know if this is accurate,but thereistor proves out what range of resistance is needed to complete this circuit.Any thought on my delema,thnks,JAXCK

got c-1175 code.This code comes up after mem reset,carkey on/not run.c-1175 set.fails start of day testing.repl lt rear sensor,abs controler.originan plm began with rear wiring harness was compressed between gas tank & floor pan.supper impossing 12 volt on both sensor wires,I replaced harness and have followed service book tblshtng procedure.My sensor reads 10.25 meg ohms. Allnew sensors have the same reading. If i place a 1,000 ohm resistor instead od sensor I can clear memory and do not record an error( only in start of day testing mode).I get the same results with 2 other abs modules.In reading threds the sensor should be 1,000-2000 ohms.I dont know if this is accurate,but thereistor proves out what range of resistance is needed to complete this circuit.Any thought on my delema,thnks,JAXCK

The left rear ring on my 2006 Explorer just cracked. The parts guy said that he keeps them in stock, and indicating that cracking it a common problem. Unfortunately, lots of disassembly (removal of teh half-shaft) is required to replace the rear ring!

Back