Warped Rotors? Or something worse? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warped Rotors? Or something worse?

Dupontrocks11

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I've been putting a lot of miles on my Ex recently, and I've noticed that it tends to kind of *lurch* when I have my foot on the brake at low speeds. I don't feel much on the brake petal, but I do feel vibrations in the steering wheel.

Things to note, the engine has stalled 3 times on start up since I've gotten it a couple months ago. Usually turning it off and starting it up again fixes it, and it drives like a dream.

Also, when I'm stopped at a red light sometimes before the engine warms up, I can hear it kind of rev pulsing. The rev counter doesn't change, but I can still hear it.

Anyways, any suggestions would be helpful. It's not really a huge problem, but fixing it would be nice. I'm about to drive back down to school, which is about a 900+ mile car ride, and I want to fix all the issues before I leave.

Definitely pull the codes but yes that's likely to be warped rotor(s). You may as well pull the front wheels and have a look at the brake components, and might rotate the tires while you're at it if they're nearly due for it.

Back