Warranty Expiration Intentional from Ford Service? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warranty Expiration Intentional from Ford Service?

NJExplorerFan

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Limited
I gotta ask... does Ford intentionally make things break after going over 36K miles? So pissed... my 2015 Explorer warranty just expired and I now have 37K miles. The truck is only 2 yrs old and my AC now blows hot air and my door panel bumps up - must be the glue releasing.

Is there anyone here from corporate Ford Svc. that can help me? Dealer on the phone told me a new door panel is $500. I can't even imagine what the AC fix would cost in addition to that?

It's very annoying that this happened right after 36K miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It depends on the dealer but maybe they'll help you out and work with the Ford area rep to do a goodwill repair since it's only just out of warranty. You might have to pay for a portion of the repair, but that's better than paying for all of it. It'll help if the dealer serviced the vehicle during the warranty. This worked for me with my F-150, it did not help my wife with her Explorer, she had a different dealer. Both of us had our vehicles serviced regularly at our respective dealers.

Whimsey

Yes, they are designed to fall apart right after warranty.

I gotta ask... does Ford intentionally make things break after going over 36K miles? So pissed... my 2015 Explorer warranty just expired and I now have 37K miles. The truck is only 2 yrs old and my AC now blows hot air and my door panel bumps up - must be the glue releasing.

Is there anyone here from corporate Ford Svc. that can help me? Dealer on the phone told me a new door panel is $500. I can't even imagine what the AC fix would cost in addition to that?

It's very annoying that this happened right after 36K miles.
There are members that have had the door panel fixed for much less than that at an upholstery or other shop. As for the AC, it's hard to tell not knowing what the actual problem is.
BTW, no one from Ford reads these forums.

Peter

yes, we can rant and cause much havoc till its out of control and Ford cant calm us down:bounce:.

Maybe let Ford dealer give you a quote first, A/C specialty shop with good online reviews and upholstery shop might be best bet to repair the door instead of replacing parts.

Back